Could use some help

ccmix

May 7, 2012
This question will be a bit winded, so sorry in advance. I have searched as much as i can to find stuff on my own, but I was hoping someone else might have a similar set up and could help me out. With that being said..... Here we go.

I am getting rid of cable and am gonna use my windows 7 htpc.

I have bought an hd antenna for local stations and it seems to do great.

I am gonna use wmc for live TV as I like the setup more than the live tv frodo has.

1st question. What kind of TV card do I need to record more than 1 channel at a time while possibly watching another, I know it needs dual tuners and what not but looking around I can't seem to find what I am looking for. This is the first time I have ever tried to use live tv on a pc so i am pretty new at this. Any models or links would be awesome.

The reason I am using this Is because I am trying to make it as wife friendly as possible. I am buying an IR Receiverand a remote and adding xbmc into the wmc main menu.

2nd I have set up the 1Ch**nel library and looked into sick beard a little bit, but how would I set up everything to give me the newest episodes of TV shows I am trying to watch right into my library so that my wife doesn't have to search through everything. Sick beard is rather confusing since I really only know how to use torrents. Any help in this area would be great. I have read the walkthroughs for it but it is like reading a foreign language half the time.

3rd can I set up my remote that I buy to operate xbmc

Basically my main issue is trying to get this set up so that it is as close to my old cable DVR as possible without needing to scan through everything for our most watched shows. Anything new I will find through add ons and movies if we wanna watch any.

All help is greatly apretiated and as much step by step as I can get the better off ill be lol.

Thanks again for all everyone does in this community. Keep up the good work.

ccmix

May 7, 2012
Had 1 more question. I set up sick beard and got everything running pretty good but what is a good usenet indexer to use ( if i am saying it right)

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
I don't use my pc for live tv so can't advise you on that, as far as remotes go I believe (but stand to be corrected) if you get a MCE remote it should work out of the box with XBMC.
As for Usenet providers I'd say go with a good Dutch provider, I use SSL-News and I've heard good things about Tweaknews too.
Also I'd suggest investing in a block account for missing files, public opinion seems to be that Blocknews is the best for this and for a few dollars you can get 50gb which wont expire until you use it all up which would probably be many many months from now as long as you set it up as a backup provider in your Usenet client.

ccmix

May 7, 2012
SSL-News and Tweaknews are ones that i can set up as search providers in sickbeard. I can find shows and stuff but it seems to take forever or if it starts at all.

Thanks for the help.

ccmix

May 7, 2012
i just signed up for a free 14 day trial with newshosting but dont know it i set it up as a search provider as well. Really, really new at this.

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
You need access to an indexing site a la the now defunct nzbmatrix for sickbeard search to work, it looks for your releases on said sites then sends the nzb for them to sabnzbd to download the show from your Usenet provider,
if you dont have access to an indexing site Sickbeard has its own reasonably good indexer and just leave that set as your indexer.
If you post back exactly what stage you're at in setting things up I might be able to help more.

ccmix

May 7, 2012
I have everything set up pretty good and i can find most of what i search for i was just trying to find a better indexing site to pull all the stuff from.

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
As far as free and still open indexers go I've heard people recommend nzbindex.nl and nzbx.co ,
I don't really use them so can't say one way or the other how well they'd work with Sickbeard.
Sorry but unless you know someone already on one of the better more private indexing sites who can give you an invite you're unlikely to get on one, since nzbmatrix shut down most closed their doors to new registrations for fear of the same thing happening to them.

ccmix

May 7, 2012
Thanks for the help I really appreciate it I will try those and see how they work. Do you know of any that you have to pay for?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Scraper Development 1
K Scraper Development 2
V Indigo Tool 4