Couple of atv questions

ashtonjay

Banned
Jan 1, 2013
Is ATV 1 better than 2?
why does 1 look so good but 2 and 3 don't even look like apple product (crappy black plastic looking box)

also i bought a crystal hd card for my ATV 1 will it help reduce buffering on 720p films as well as play 1080p

should i get an ATV 2 or stick with my 1?

also whats the point of a 160gb hd if i cant putfilms/music on it to play through my tv

cheers

hopefully people here actually reply as i joined the apple tv forum and nobody ever bothers with their forum
its like a ghost forum;);)

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
Lol...

Hey there. Some info.

YES, keep the ATV1. Install CRYSTALBUNTU, or openELEC... This will make your ATV an XBMC ONLY machine. this is what you want ;)

When done, your external hardrives, and internal drive will be able to be read for content. You will also be able to download content to them from ADDONS like Ic*f*lms, N*viX...

The atv2 and 3 ABSOLUTELY look, and feel, like apple products. They are well weighted, and nice to the touch. The large difference is that atv1's have fans that spin all the time... And they tend to get hot. The ATV2 needs no fan, and runs silently. BUT NO USB DRIVE OR EXTERNAL STORAGE... unless it is network storage.

It s worth noting that your ATV1 with crystal card will have no WIFI once set up, so make sure your set up offers Ethernet to the device.

ashtonjay

Banned
Jan 1, 2013
thanks for the reply
not sure if im up to installing CRYSTALBUNTU is it easy?

also what is it is it an operating system?
why is it better your machine just being an xbmcplayer?

cheers for the help mate