Crystal HD

Don_black

May 25, 2012
I cam across a posting talking about crystal HD drivers that support 1080p, but how do you install this to your ATV's, I would like anyone's feed back on this if anyone has done it.

In addition is this something that could be added to fusion installer, so that we don't have to ssh into the ATV. I know how to, but fusion is a lot more convenient.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69321&page=43

Bstrdsmkr

Mar 16, 2012
Haven't done it myself, but I know to get 1080p, you crack the box and replace the wifi card with a graphics card. I've heard many good things about it

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
I have done this many times. first, it's is only for ATV1's, not ATV2's. You will unscrew 4 screws from the bottom of the box, the lid will lift off. The wifi card is held on by two screw. Yu remove the screws and pop off the wifi wires connected to those screws. The crystal had card will fit exactly like the wifi card did. Screw it on... DO NOT REATTACH THE WIRES ;)

DONE

Don_black

May 25, 2012
Ok, yeah I don't have ATV1 I have a couple 2's, I guess I will have to wait till the ATV3 is JB in order to have true 1080p, thanks for the response guys.