Crystalbuntu 2.0 - General Observations, Discussion

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
I thought as an option rather than opening a new thread for every small point on Crystalbuntu 2.0 i thought we could condense them to this single thread especially if your just posting a comment or making a thinking aloud post not necessarily looking for an answer.

So let me start!

One thing i noticed last nite was that after just over 17 minutes of testing Blue Bloods on Channel1 when i backed out of the show to the episode list i was pleasantly surprised to be offered to rejoin at the point i left the show!. I never noticed this with CB1 or Geniatech linux image on 510b. Not sure if its a new feature on Channel1?.

"Would you like to rejoin Blue bloods at 17m23s?" (Then theres a yes/no option)

However when i selected yes it just starts from the beginning of the episode.

generally im finding it more stable that CB1, quicker and more stable scroll and less freeze ups when backing out of something stubborn that isnt working.

Last edited:

dknlght

Developer
Jul 21, 2012
I thought as an option rather than opening a new thread for every small point on Crystalbuntu 2.0 i thought we could condense them to this single thread especially if your just posting a comment or making a thinking aloud post not necessarily looking for an answer.

So let me start!

One thing i noticed last nite was that after just over 17 minutes of testing Blue Bloods on Channel1 when i backed out of the show to the episode list i was pleasantly surprised to be offered to rejoin at the point i left the show!. I never noticed this with CB1 or Geniatech linux image on 510b. Not sure if its a new feature on Channel1?.

"Would you like to rejoin Blue bloods at 17m23s?" (Then theres a yes/no option)

However when i selected yes it just starts from the beginning of the episode.

generally im finding it more stable that CB1, quicker and more stable scroll and less freeze ups when backing out of something stubborn that isnt working.
I actually think this is a feature of xbmc on certain videos. Because for example some of the videos on my addon once in awhile will get that and I never included that feature. Also this happens more often when I'm playing files directly from my local drive. I never bother looking to know for sure what triggers it though. but for me if the connection to the video is slow it would seem like the video is frozen but in reality it's trying to buffer all the way until it reaches the starting point. Which means if I left off 1 hour into the movie I have to wait awhile before it plays.

LiquidMercury

May 17, 2012
Kansas
Well here we go, I just had a thought...I am curious to know what if any advancedsettings.xml everyone is using and if it might be beneficial to put one together specifically for the ATV1 and CB2? Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

strike0408

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
would anyone know if the original wifi card in the ATV1 works with the wireless on this new CB2? or do I need something different for the wireless to work?

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Dont know much about the merits of advancedsettings.xml im happy to use the ones pushed by CB for fear of knock on effects. Actually read here today someone complain that Ic*f*lms i think was slow as hell to load directory(20mins approx) and someone suggest it was because of advancedsettings.xml and to disable it.

One other thing ive noticed about CB2 is that in 1Ch**nel you are asked what quality you want streams played at flv or maximum. But on my 510b im not offered that option so dont know if im maximum or flv by default.

Something else ive noticed is that i cant get Na*i-X to shortcut to the homescreen under programs. I select it to do so in settings among others but it doesnt show up whereas all the other selections do.

Last edited:

LiquidMercury

May 17, 2012
Kansas
would anyone know if the original wifi card in the ATV1 works with the wireless on this new CB2? or do I need something different for the wireless to work?
If you have a broadcom card installed its where the wireless card would go. I am not certain if there are any guides out yet on getting wireless enabled over at crystalbuntu.com yet but I could be wrong though.