Custom background image

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
Ok,I pushed an image from my phone to my fire tv....I was able to set it as my background image on confluence but the picture cuts off a lot of the top....is there any way to have the picture guy to height? Or would I have to modify it on my computer first?

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
Xcheck the resolution. The image is a different resolution than your tv causing the issue. You need an image that is the same resolution as the display you are using.
Ok thanks....I'll look to see if I can convert it some where.....if I find something I'll post it, I'm sure there are others that would like to make it more personal

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
Ok, so if you take a photo with your phone horizontal, the picture transfers perfect...still looking for a good program to turn a vertical one into horizontal with black space in the side

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
You can only crop it. You should NEVER take photos in the vertical. Pictures are essentislly intended for landscape. Especially if you want to view them on tv, computer, tablet, ext. It's a universal truth I am trying to make my wife understand. The best you can do is use a PHOTO EDITOR on your phone and CROP THE IMAGE.

THIS MEANS CUTTING OUT SOME OF WHATS ON TOP OR BOTTOM.

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
You can only crop it. You should NEVER take photos in the vertical. Pictures are essentislly intended for landscape. Especially if you want to view them on tv, computer, tablet, ext. It's a universal truth I am trying to make my wife understand. The best you can do is use a PHOTO EDITOR on your phone and CROP THE IMAGE.

THIS MEANS CUTTING OUT SOME OF WHATS ON TOP OR BOTTOM.
You actually don't have to cut it down.I used an app called #squaredroid and it adds colored borders on either side and allows you to reduce the picture by any percentage....by doing this I reduced my picture by 50 percent and it fits my screen how I wanted.....there are a ton more apps out there (mostly geared to Instagram) that do this without having to crop the photo.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Kodi Skins 13
F Kodi Support 3
K Kodi Support 11