custom background

filly

Jan 31, 2013
Canada
I have been fighting with this for 5 hours now. When I click on enable custom background then click to put in the path, it just comes up external storage and root. Looked in root everywhere and cannot find special://profile/addon_data/plugin.image.easywallpapers anywhere. Any help appreciated. Running 16.1. that is the location of the picture I want to use for the background. this has me baffled all to hell. Any help appreciated.:confused:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
This is not a supported addon here. Best way to get support would be to contact the dev for this addon and ask him for help. But it does seem to be a very nice addon.

Did you enable to view hidden files and folders by chance?

UPDATE: Trying to download this repo and FireFox blocks the download. I suspect this repo is not on the up and up. I would suggest staying away from this.

Last edited:

filly

Jan 31, 2013
Canada
No I didn't. Can't remember where to do that. if you could give me directions it would be greatly appreciated.

filly

Jan 31, 2013
Canada
Hi managed to unblock hidden files and voila. Works perfectly. To get it you need schism tv repo.backgrounds are stunning

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Yes I know what is it and where to get it but I don't think I want to put something like that on my box. Just trying to install the repo is causing issues on my HTPC. I prefer to stay away from shady devs.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
Yes I know what is it and where to get it but I don't think I want to put something like that on my box. Just trying to install the repo is causing issues on my HTPC. I prefer to stay away from shady devs.
Although you haven't explicitly stated that Schism is "shady " you have certainly implied that ....can you qualify your comment please

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Just read his comments on his repo and go to his site. That and trying to install his repo. Shady is more a feeling it left me with. Unless the devs from here clear it, I won't touch it.....but that's me.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Just read his comments on his repo and go to his site. That and trying to install his repo. Shady is more a feeling it left me with. Unless the devs from here clear it, I won't touch it.....but that's me.
Maybe you're referring to this bollocks on their site which helps them to sell VPN's via an affiliate link?

There is a huge reason for concern for my followers, as more and more ISP are starting to send letters to people just for watching a streaming movie (which is not illegal at this time…), visiting a streaming site, or just by using Kodi.

Who ever got a letter from their ISP by 'just using Kodi' ? Complete nonsense, of course it's not just this guy spouting this garbage but I'd avoid anyone who spreads fear and lies for personal gain. But as you say, that's just me :)

Last edited:

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
So how would you rate the following statement on the bollockometer then.......

"We really can’t stress it enough, Kodi users in the United Kingdom really should be using a VPN service in order to get the most out of their experience. The majority of content won’t even show up if you’re in the United Kingdom and not using a VPN service on your Kodi device."

....... God's Honest Truth or Porky Pie?

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
So how would you rate the following statement on the bollockometer then.......

"We really can’t stress it enough, Kodi users in the United Kingdom really should be using a VPN service in order to get the most out of their experience. The majority of content won’t even show up if you’re in the United Kingdom and not using a VPN service on your Kodi device."

....... God's Honest Truth or Porky Pie?
Ah god dammit, that explains why I can't get the majority of content then.... I must click on their affiliate link and get me one of those VPN things straight away :D

10/10 on the bollockometer for sure :)

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Sorry you were the one who walked into that one, no malice intended I assure you :)

When the Forums were down and the new site went up I took a wander around it having nothing better to do and found that one in passing, I've been saving it up since then for just such an occasion. :) I never paid much attention to the Blog before then I certainly won't be from now on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Kodi Support 3
J Kodi Support 8
R Amazon Fire TV 0