Cyclone Nano Slim Plus dead?

K4rzy

Aug 8, 2014
Hi,

Yesterday i was given a Cyclone Nano Slim Plus which automatically ran XBMC on boot up to try and fix due to speed issues etc. This was my first time ever looking at an android box so i am a total novice

I ran XBMC fresh install and after a reboot XBMC no longer booted up, but instead i am presented with a splash screen saying 'XIOS DS Media Player' similar to the following pic but without the penguin:

No matter what i do i can't get off this screen and after 30 seconds or so the screen goes black.

So i presume i has wiped the box somehow, i spend the best part of 4 hours last night reading up and it seems the box i have is a Sumvision box, infact here are the pics of it:

I have also read about 10 guides from people explain that i need to go into recovery mode which i do and apply the correct image file. I must have tried about 6 difference image files and every single one returns a error of 'Status 7', i haven't got pics of the actual message at the moment as i am away. But people have said you need to edit certain lines with notepad++ but i don't think this is right as the same message has appeared on every firmware i tried.

Finally tried the firmware direct from sumvision but that didn't work as well as the firmware mentioned in the guide at the top of this forum.

Can anyone help me as i haven't a clue what to do, all i want is for this box to boot into XBMC when you power it on.

Thanks

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
You need to flash XBMC LINUX onto the box. We have guides in the Android section for FLASHING FIRMWARE. The trick is finding the right XBMC LINUX build for that device.

When flashing a new firmware, it is also, often, important to to WIPE your device.

Are you getting into recovery mode alright?

Can you return this.... It isn't a good box as far as Android Xbmc devices go. Very poor.

K4rzy

Aug 8, 2014
Hi Showgun,

Yeh i get the feeling this is the problem, but i just can't seem to get the correct firmware. I'll be doing some more digging tonight, is there not just a generic firmware that can be used?

Yes i can get into the recovery mode and from within there you can see the options for applying an *.img file or clearing cache, tried all of them. How do i go about wiping the device? like i said before i'm new to android so don't fully understand how to do things yet.

Agree the box is terrible and i hate it already :), but it is a friends box not mine. I run raspbmc and it is so much quicker.

hammer088

Sep 3, 2013
I have a stack of xios product that is good for target practice. tell your friend to move on up. if it's not one thing it's another. very poor product

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
Someone else may correct me on this but I believe your nano is an m1 box.
Most of the images floating around are for the m2.
Have a look at the pivos forum mate, the m1 boxes are not signed so hydras image is fine.
There are full install instructions in the thread also.
Code:
http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4518&sid=737a9bca5b85ea6a68799c4b092ddb50

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Finless has a Rom installer with a complete drive wiper that is proven to work. On certain androids, The only way I've been able to re Rom successfully is with that program.