cydia what is it.

benrymnd

Sep 26, 2012
Hi everyone am having loads of problems jailbreaking atv2 have had some good help from panda monium,crusader88 and XxAnthxX,things now looking a little brighter,what I need to know is what is cydia and were can I find it on my computer no links or short cuts show up in my applications or downloads.Reason I need to know is I was given some advice to download tiny umbrella to find out about my blobs what ever they are.When tiny umbrella was downloaded a message came up saying if I having trouble jailbreaking I should go to cydia and uncheck a box that says, "set hosts to cydia", as you can tell from this I am not very proficient with computers and software but I will have a try and solve this if someone points me in the right direction.Thanks for all the help so far.

XxAnthxX

Feb 16, 2013
Cydia is not on your pc.

It's installed on iPhones etc. when you jailbreak them....it's like an unofficial App Store.

The setting your looking for is actually in Tiny Umbrella.

TheKrishna

Apr 27, 2013
Cydia is an (for lack of better words) App that houses close to all the tweaks and other goodies for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).

I could be wrong, but i'm almost 100% sure there is no Cydia for Apple TV. Also (again, could be wrong) I don't think you need Tiny Umbrella right now. You should just be able to follow the instructions on how to Jailbreak an Apple TV 2 and should be good to go.

XxAnthxX

Feb 16, 2013
It's under the advanced tab in cydia.

While your in there select request SHSH from cydia or there won't be any blobs showing as it will only show what's been previously stored on your computer by Tiny Umbrella (in your case none).

After that, if none are retrieved from Sauriks cydia server, you either need to grab your current ones with ifaith....if you haven't already upgraded to the newest FW.

If you have already upgraded to the latest FW then you have no option but to do a tethered jailbreak.

XxAnthxX

Feb 16, 2013
Cydia is an (for lack of better words) App that houses close to all the tweaks and other goodies for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).

I could be wrong, but i'm almost 100% sure there is no Cydia for Apple TV. Also (again, could be wrong) I don't think you need Tiny Umbrella right now. You should just be able to follow the instructions on how to Jailbreak an Apple TV 2 and should be good to go.
If he hasn't already upgraded and tiny umbrella can retrieve his SHSH's then he can un-tethered jailbreak his current IOS, if not it will have to be a tethered jailbreak.....which is what the guys are trying to prevent with tiny umbrella and ifaith.

benrymnd

Sep 26, 2012
Thanks once again XxAnthxX used tiny umbrella as suggested used the retrieve and then plugged atv2 into my tv,am now back to were I was before every thing went completely hay wire.I have a few icons showing i.e. xbmc maintenance etc now have to fathom out why the other icons disappeared and why it will not connect to the internet even though im using an ethernet cable,computer connects to the internet no problems ethernet cable from same router and using a new ethernet cable?.

benrymnd

Sep 26, 2012
Hi guys once again,I have now got every thing working ok for some unknown reason I found 2 things that did not seem right so I changed them, on the computer under network the connection was airplay so I changed to ethernet as my router is connected via ethernet,on the apple tv under network the router address was different than on the computer network settings so again I altered that and there was no fns server so I put the one in identical to the router let it configure these settings then went into update all my software on atv2 and rebooted,after the rebooted all application icons were back and I could now connect to the internet.I was seriously contemplating buying a g box midnight and would have had it not been for all the help from xbmc forums.Areally genuine thanks to all.

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
Hi everyone am having loads of problems jailbreaking atv2 have had some good help from panda monium,crusader88 and XxAnthxX,things now looking a little brighter,what I need to know is what is cydia and were can I find it on my computer no links or short cuts show up in my applications or downloads.Reason I need to know is I was given some advice to download tiny umbrella to find out about my blobs what ever they are.When tiny umbrella was downloaded a message came up saying if I having trouble jailbreaking I should go to cydia and uncheck a box that says, "set hosts to cydia", as you can tell from this I am not very proficient with computers and software but I will have a try and solve this if someone points me in the right direction.Thanks for all the help so far.
Alright cydia is like the App Store on the iPod touch, iPad, or iPhone allowing you to install unsigned packages that apple rejects.. These very throughout themes, tweaks, etc. On the apple tv your cydia is kind of like nito tv where you have the ability to edit and add certain things there, if you want i can do a team viewer session to help you out with your blobs :)