Debrid Service

Demeter

Feb 26, 2017
I want the best functionality which is why I have ordered a flash router and planned to use it with a VPN and I'm in a trial period with Pure VPN - but if I sign up to a debrid service do I not need the VPN - one will be provided? I'm trying to do this in the most cost efficient way of course

gwilly7

May 26, 2014
Broncos Country
I am curious to know how your experience is with purevpn. I use a vpn only for downloading torrents and purevpn is very slow for me. I have a 125 meg connection but am lucky to get 10-15 when connected to the vpn.

Demeter

Feb 26, 2017
So just to clarify....if I am simply watching through the Ex**us or Pho*nix links and not live streaming any sporting events or other live streams I don't have to worry about my ISP detecting my activity since I'm only accessing stored content? I should disable the VPN (already signed up for 2 years - it was cheap) unless I start downloading torrents or live streaming? I'm in Canada - I feel it's just a matter of time before they start to try to monitor and block activity as they already do in the UK

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Even live streams are not an issue. Really only Torrents may cause you problems. There are some addons that stream from Torrent sites. I stay away from those.

Demeter

Feb 26, 2017
I was sent a faulty router and had to wait for a replacement. Finally got it installed late yesterday and set up VPN - you're right! Trying to watch a program on my tablet this morning downstairs and persistent lagging which I never had before. Sometimes it would take a while to load but once started would generally be fine. Today lag lag.......every 5 mins or so. Guess I'll disable the VPN since from what I can tell just streaming from Ex**us or Pho*nix probably doesn't need to be masked.

Wrote the above yesterday and today it seems to be fine...not sure why as I didn't change anything

Do you think if I signed up for a debrid service it would speed up the downloading through the router with the VPN left in place though?

Last edited: