Dedicated Mini PC for Kodi? What hardware do I need?

doradojim

Jul 23, 2014
Looks, like it is starting to come to Canada!: Staples.ca
Good link I never thought of Staples. You could also get on the waiting list at b&h photo http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1113862-REG/hp_k5g59aa_aba_stream_200_010_mini_2957u_2_32gb_windows_8_1b.html I have used them many times and once in stock they have customs brokerage and a GST# which makes shipping very fast but all in all the Staples option may workout cheaper and less problematic if you have hardware issues.

chobo2

Dec 21, 2012
Good link I never thought of Staples. You could also get on the waiting list at b&h photo http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1113862-REG/hp_k5g59aa_aba_stream_200_010_mini_2957u_2_32gb_windows_8_1b.html I have used them many times and once in stock they have customs brokerage and a GST# which makes shipping very fast but all in all the Staples option may workout cheaper and less problematic if you have hardware issues.
Yea, going to cost more through that site if I got to pay exchange, duty & tax and shipping. Just exchange and shipping is already $255 CDN, which is probably the price I would pay at staples and like you said will be easier to return if needed.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
I JUST BOUGHT THE HP MINI 200-010!

Coming Thursday from b and h photo in new york, Can't wait!

even though it has a fan, which it DOES. Some of the reviews say it doesn't but its there. Can be seen in the youtube video reviews where they take it apart to change the ram and the ssd. It looks like the silent type so I'm going to give it a try. That's what all the holes are for on the back. (I knew that).

Last edited:

chobo2

Dec 21, 2012
I JUST BOUGHT THE HP MINI 200-010!

Coming Thursday from b and h photo in new york, Can't wait!

even though it has a fan, which it DOES. Some of the reviews say it doesn't but its there. Can be seen in the youtube video reviews where they take it apart to change the ram and the ssd. It looks like the silent type so I'm going to give it a try. That's what all the holes are for on the back. (I knew that).
Nice, going to be a while till I can get one. Staples is sold out and it looks like it's the only place in Canada to buy right now, I don't even see it on the HP Canada site.

What does the 200-010 mean? I been wondering about that as Staples Canada has HP Stream (200-009) Mini PC