Deleting Favourites from KODI- on Android

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Can anybody tell me how to delete Kodi favourites I have saved on my Android tablet? Have tried tapping them but no menu comes up.
Thanks.

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Can anybody tell me how to delete Kodi favourites I have saved on my Android tablet? Have tried tapping them but no menu comes up.
Thanks.
When I use a remote on my android box, I have to and hold the main button for a second, and then the menu appears allowing me to remove the favorite item. Should be the same on your tablet. Press and hold the item for a second or so.

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
When I use a remote on my android box, I have to and hold the main button for a second, and then the menu appears allowing me to remove the favorite item. Should be the same on your tablet. Press and hold the item for a second or so.
Sorry tried that but nothing happens.
Pressed the star to open Favourites , then found the one I want to delete, pressed and hold it Nothing happens:mad:

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Long press will only work with Kodi 16 and up, what version are you using?

If all else fails you can manually edit the favourites.xml file that you will find in in Kodi's \Userdata root directory

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Long press will only work with Kodi 16 and up, what version are you using?

If all else fails you can manually edit the favourites.xml file that you will find in in Kodi's \Userdata root directory
Thanks for replying
It is 16.1
So long press should have worked then?
Only can press for ages and nothing happens lol
Don't know how to find the Kodi folder :eek:

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
One-Button Long Press was Kodi's way of implementing Context Menu selection on a low button\touch screen device, I don't know why it's not working for you. You can turn the function Off by creating a custom keymap file but as it's default is On then there's nothing much you can do i.e. there's no easy option to swtich it Off and On again.

All fixes for deleting Favourites are technical in nature if you can't access the Context Menu via keypress (and I don't know how you're managing to use Kodi properly when one of it's most important controls\functions isn't available to you.) Check to see if there's a custom keymap file stopping you and if so delete it, edit favourites.xml, slave a keyboard to the tablet that kind of thing.

The nuclear option is to uninstall Kodi completely and start again or delete the Favourites.xml file if you can't edit it. I was going to suggest using Kodi's File Manager to do this but since you need to bring up the Context Menu in that to Delete a file then it's of no use to you. If you can't get Long Press to work for you then it's time to roll up your sleeves, install a text editor, read up on where files are kept in the Kodi Wiki and dive in.

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Thanks Stoofer for replying
I followed your instructions(which helped me understand the Kodi file system on Android)
http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata#Android_location
However there is nothing in the folder to delete
It is empty.
I seem to have 2 Android folders for Kodi for some reason, one of them is on the micro sd card.

But both are empty ( sd card/Android. Data.xmbc.kodi. files )nothing in there.

Was going to add a screenshot but can't see how.

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Did you enable the "view hidden files and folders" in your file explorer? Part of the path you need to follow is hidden.
Thanks I didn't know that.
Looked and there are quite a few files there called the same.
Some in my tablets memory Android folder and some on the micro SD card that is inserted.

wooters

May 11, 2017
Hello everyone. I was experiencing this exact problem on my android phone and looked up this issue today. Found this forum and decided to register to say thank you to everyone, especially Stoofer. Deleting the Favourites.xml file got rid of my favourites so I could redo them.

The issue wasn't necessarily that I couldn't long-press at all - it's that I couldn't long-press the favourites, specifically! Everywhere else I tried (other files and folders), I was able to long-press. There was an issue that started a few days ago regarding TraktTV, and my favourites that went into Trakt lists got broken after that. So I needed to redo my favourites, but to my surprise, I could not long-press them.

Deleting the Favourites.xml allowed me to get rid of them, so thank you very much!

Jo77, I hope you were able to get it sorted out as well. If anyone else runs into this problem, my Favourites file was located in File Manager > Profile directory.

Bubbatruant

Jun 4, 2017
There is another way

Search for the title that was pinned to favorites. When you find it, long press and "remove from favorites" will be an option. You do not have to delete the xml file.
Long press does not work from home favorites on Android in Krypton.

jakeyboy

Nov 10, 2013
If you attach a mouse to your android box, the simple right click should give you that option.