Dependency not met errors - Kodi installed on MacBook Pro- Need help

jloop28

Mar 22, 2016
Up until a few days ago, Kodi was working just fine. Yesterday I opened Kodi and was presented with the dreaded "add-on is incompatible due to unmet dependencies" error windows for multiple add ons. Each add-on requests my confirmation to disable, each and every time I click on "yes" or "no" and the windows keep popping up. I can't access anything in Kodi because the windows are non-stop regardless of what I do.

I have attempted to uninstall Kodi and re-install. No success. I have attempted to remove kodi folders but apparently there is some hidden folder or log that keeps me from doing a fresh install of Kodi. Essentially Kodi is stuck on a loop continuously presenting me with the "..unmet dependencies.." windows.

Someone please help.

Hagler

Mar 24, 2016
Hello jloop28, I am having the exact same issues and have tried to uninstall Kodi and re-install with the same results as you. Started this week and also on a MackBook Pro.

I believe it started shortly after updating mac os x el capitan..

Also would appreciate some help.

strike0408

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
if you install latest stable version of kodi 16.0 that should override your old kodi, while still keeping all your addons intacked...

Hagler

Mar 24, 2016
Was running kodi 16.0, reinstalled Kodi 15.2 and that version is working. Then reinstalled 16.0 and was back to the same problems. Hoping there will be a new update soon that may fix this issue.

Thanks

monti

Mar 24, 2016
Having the same problem on a Mac already have 16.1.How can delete all the files and reinstall a clean KODI
It allows u a breathing space of a second or so in-between saying yes to deleting the add on but even when managed to select fresh start it wasn't actioned.HELP

monti

Mar 24, 2016
think it might be caused by ****** maintenance which I installed.How can I completely delete all previous files from Kodi and do fresh install without picking up any previous installed files
Have an IMAC with EL capitan but this is not the problem must be the delete add-on tool kit

franb94

Aug 15, 2013
After you uninstall Kodi, check to make sure that there is no org.xbmc.kodi folder on your system. If there is, delete it. Then you start completely fresh.

monti

Mar 24, 2016
Thank you.Kodi has now started completely clean so must have been the above maintenance program finishing its work

michael.kaercher

May 16, 2016
My solution

After you uninstall Kodi, check to make sure that there is no org.xbmc.kodi folder on your system. If there is, delete it. Then you start completely fresh.
Hi.

in my case I hat to eliminate the following directory:

/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/claudia/Library/Application Support/Kodi

All the best

Mick

PS: Strange: I just tried to post that as well to the KODI forum and the result was, that they rejected to accept me because they thought am a spammer.

slotsman99

Jul 21, 2016
I am having the same error. Started when I tried to install Freetelly 2 days ago. I've removed all former versions of Kodi/XBMC using appcleaner and I can't get into the new Kodi program because I can't get past the endless loop. I've searched for files/folders using Kodi and XBMC and came up with nothing. I tried to reinstall older versions of Kodi with the same result. I am using a Macbook with El Capitan.

joy

Jan 16, 2017
I have the same problem and tried all of the advice below to no avail.
Any other suggestions?

cscott1

Jul 7, 2016
Open your Kodi and navigate from the home screen into SYSTEM > File manager > Profile directory > Database.
Select all the files which ends with a “.db” suffix and delete them one by one. Restart Kodi

LilmAF

Mar 5, 2017
Hi Iam having the same problem, but I don´t understand what I should do, where is this library? thanks

LilmAF

Mar 5, 2017
Hi Iam having the same problem, but I don´t understand what I should do, where is this library? thanks