*Desperate for help with FEW or NO MOVIE RESULTS

kjerome153

Apr 21, 2018
Florida
Hello everyone, I am brand new here. I am hoping and praying that someone here is kind enough to help me finally with this extremely odd issue.

Whenever I try to use ANY of my movie addons in Kodi 17.6 and do any normal search for whether it be, most popular, people watching, in theaters, etc. I either do not receive any results or mostly I only receive 3 or 4 results to choose from. I apologize, I am not sure which box I have since the seller self branded it and hid all product info. I am able to tell you it Android based and has Kodi 17.6. Also note that I do have a real-debrid active account and has been authorized in the URL resolver.

It was working just fine and then all of the sudden this happened. Although I do know my son was playing around with it while I was sleeping and all he told me he remembered is that he went into the area of "manage dependencies" and updated a bunch of them. Whatever that means! Lol. I am also fairly new with Kodi, but I do know how to do all of the basic tech stuff, like program addons, tweak things here and there, but that is it.

Please advise if you have any idea what would cause ALL of my movie addons (Examples: *********, ******* Reborn, ******** etc.) would only show a result of 3 or 4 or even if I do a specific search for a movie, it just comes up blank! Even on movies that are very well known and would definitely show up in results. It obviously is not a setting within an actual addon since it is happening with all of them.

I have already checked the URL resolver and it is turned on, I also made sure I have the latest universal scraper installed. This one just baffles me and I have no idea at all what to do and it is driving me crazy because I am a MOVIE LOVER.

p.s. Another important note is that when I search for TV shows in those same addons, they all work normally. It only happens with the "MOVIES" option.

I can't thank you enough for ANY help you are able to offer me. I really NEED this fixed ASAP.

Thank you and have a great day!!!

Kevin

Last edited:

kjerome153

Apr 21, 2018
Florida
First, thank you so much for responding, it really means a lot to me. Honestly, I am becoming depressed over this. I have done everything exactly as you advised, I cleared the function cache in the URL Resolver and I once again re-authorized my real-debrid and still same results. What is also odd, is that when I only receive the 3 or 4 results for any movie selection, if I click on one of them, I receive my normal real-debrid "RD" streams along with all others as usual.

The problem is that for some reason ALL of my movie addons are only showing a total of 3 or 4 results no matter which option I choose, people watching, most popular, box office, etc. Also, if I try to do a search for ANY movie it comes up blank with no results. Any other ideas what is causing this to happen?

I am very desperate because that is my primary use for my box other than my IPTV viewing of course.

Thank you SO MUCH, but if you or anyone else has any other ideas to help me, PLEASE HELP.

Have a super day!

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Preloaded boxes are known to cause such problems. You might just have to start from scratch but please note we cannot help with infringing addons. This includes some of the addons you have mentioned.

kjerome153

Apr 21, 2018
Florida
I understand. But my box has been working perfectly for over 6 months now. So it being pre-loaded, should not have anything to do with it.

The bottom line is that I just need to know what would cause ALL the official addons I have to only reflect a result of only 3 or 4 results, when I always used to get a LOT of pages in the results. Does ANYONE know why this is happening?

If I am not able to receive the help I need here in TV Addons forum, would you please suggest any other place(s) that I can go to in order to get this major issue resolved????

RavRob, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your help.

Kevin ;-)

pusb87

Aug 3, 2017
you should be reaching out to the developers of the addons that are not working well for you for support

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I understand. But my box has been working perfectly for over 6 months now. So it being pre-loaded, should not have anything to do with it.
Being preloaded sometimes does just as you describer. The person who loaded the box may have done this on purpose so you have to go back to him and pay him to update/fix your problem. Some sellers load with addons that are redundant or are missing what it takes to update automatically.

As stated, you should contact your seller and ask him what he did to the box. Best we can do is recommend you start from scratch.