Desperately frustrated plz help

gogogav

May 21, 2015
I've recently installed kodi on my laptop, when i'm going through all the steps (file manager, add source.) all the source url's are working when i type them in my browser, but unfortunately when i type them in to add the source on file manager i keep getting the error message "unable to connect, could not retrieve directory information, this could be due to network connection", it then say "would i like to add anyway". This is all sources fusion, Su*** *epo, etc. When i go to system info, network. its telling me i'm connected. As you can probably guess i'm new to this, searched all forums to no avail. I'd trully appreciate any help. thanks

josh3794

Jan 20, 2013
Are you putting the http:// in front of the URL? That's tripped me up a few times because I'm used to not putting it into the browser.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Such message is typical of a typo. However, you say you did it over and over again so I doubt that would be it. Can you get a show to play? Can you install an addon from Zip and see if it will play? Could be no internet connection at all from within Kodi. Just guessing here but you need to trouble shoot it see what gives.

gogogav

May 21, 2015
its saying i have an internet connection in system info, but unfortunately i can't add no sources. and if i go onto popcornflix which was already there it'll stream those movies, don't know if thats any help. i'd put it down to fusion, or ********* but none work. i basically uninstalled xbmc, installed kodi now i can't add no sources, was fine on xbmc.

zippyste

May 23, 2015
Liverpool, England
As RavRob has advised this is typically a typo. You obviously have internet connection. Although I am sure you don't need it, but try with a / at the end of the url.

gogogav

May 21, 2015
like i said i don't think its the url, none of them work. which would lead me to think its my end, i'm guessing there could be something blocking it possibly?

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
You need to post a screenshot of what you are seeing, there's probably a simple explanation but without seeing a screenshot we are just guessing.

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
For me a few XBMC versions back, when I tried adding that filtered site that's shown as (********) plus the fusion source somehow it caused fusion to give the same error you're seeing. As soon as I did a clean install and didn't add the filtered site all was well and remains so to this day. I attributed it to the nasty shit the other source was doing to this one and they were . Don't know if it was or not, but it solved my issue. You don't need that other crap anyway.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
You have done it the wrong way round

Put the address in the top box and the name of the source in the bottom box

i.e the fusion address and the name fusion need swapping round,you have entered them in the wrong place

The path is the url that you have for fusion and the name for the source is fusion,you have this mixed up

And its got bot all to do with having any other source added as you have been told was possibly the case,its just a web address and one source has nothing to do with any other and doesnt somehow magically block it from connecting to the internet

Last edited:

gogogav

May 21, 2015
haha i knew it was something simple, if i didn't try it a thousand times i didn't try it at all. Thanks, very much appreciated.