Device authorization for Real-Debrid

garbj1

Dec 16, 2015
Hello,

I signed up for Real-Debrid account and it is working correctly on my desktop computer.
I tried to authorized my second device /Minix Neo x8-h/, but device does not take authorization.
Authorization procedure completes properly, but when I go back to movie link, link wants to start authorization procedure with new code again.
Note: I have to close movie link for to authorize device, because kodi can not be minimized in Minix.
I do not know if this is important?
Authorized password entered manually to Genesis addon in Minix works fine.
After discussion with Real-Debrid support crew, they recommended to ask developers of UrlResolver to
figure out this problem.
I tried this on original xbmc 13.3, and also on updated Kodi 15.2. Does not work either.
UrlResolvers were updated to latest.
Minix-Neo updated to latest system update. Security settings are not restricting anything.
Any suggestions?

tknorris

Feb 18, 2014
Post a log of doing the authorize process with debug turned on. If you are closing the movie link at the same time you are trying to do the authorization, that might be your problem. You do not have to do the authorization on the same machine that kodi is running on. It can be done on any machine, even your phone. This works very similar to how the youtube addon authorization process works if you've done that.

Last edited:

garbj1

Dec 16, 2015
tknorris,
Thank You for the attention to my post, You solved my problem.
I kept movie link open in Minix and completed my authorization in my computer.
When I returned to the link in Minix, it was working.
Why xbmc window can not be minimized, I guess that is Minix issue...
Thanks again, also for the link posting errors.
Learned something new. jg.

Screwdriver

Nov 16, 2016
Sorry for posting to an old thread, but the above mimics my issue.

I set up a free RD account to try during the free period, and to see if it is worth the cost. So I follow instructions from other sources and get the code, enter it etc. When I search for a file I get RD links....none work. All stall. My Kodi 17 is behind a VPN and the laptop I put the code in is not using a VPN. How does RD know I am a paid or free acount as there is no area, or pop up requesting user account info. I mean...how does some random code generated on some random box coming from a different IP and network than the computer singned into RD and submitting the code?

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013

I set up a free RD account to try during the free period, and to see if it is worth the cost. So I follow instructions from other sources and get the code, enter it etc. When I search for a file I get RD links....none work. All stall.
How does RD know I am a paid or free acount as there is no area, or pop up requesting user account info. I mean...how does some random code generated on some random box coming from a different IP and network than the computer singned into RD and submitting the code?
You can't use some random code on some random box, as you said yourself none of the links you tried are working. The code is tied to your IP address, which in turn is tied to your account. There's also 2-factor authentication to prevent anyone else using your account... and you need to be logged in to RD to input the generated code.

Last edited:

tknorris

Feb 18, 2014

I set up a free RD account to try during the free period, and to see if it is worth the cost. So I follow instructions from other sources and get the code, enter it etc. When I search for a file I get RD links....none work. All stall. My Kodi 17 is behind a VPN and the laptop I put the code in is not using a VPN. How does RD know I am a paid or free acount as there is no area, or pop up requesting user account info. I mean...how does some random code generated on some random box coming from a different IP and network than the computer singned into RD and submitting the code?
It knows that that box is "you" because the box showed only you the particular code to enter, and then you entered that same code while logged in to your account. So, to say it differently, the person that saw that particular code displayed on the screen is also the person that visited the activation page, entered that code, and then logged in to an account thus that account must be that person. If you want to understand better, then I suggest you read about OAuth as that's what it uses under the covers and perhaps read the code itself.

On a side note, FXB78 is wrong, the IP's don't have to match. He's thinking of /pair which is different than this. I wrote the code for both. ;-)

Having said that, you can't really use a free account w/ Kodi. It only allows a small subset of hosts to be used and only for limitted periods of time per day. Instead just pay the $3-$5 for 1 month and if you don't like it, don't renew.

Screwdriver

Nov 16, 2016
You can't use some random code on some random box, as you said yourself none of the links you tried are working. The code is tied to your IP address, which in turn is tied to your account. There's also 2-factor authentication to prevent anyone else using your account... and you need to be logged in to RD to input the generated code.
I get what you are saying....So I used another laptop that I put behind a VPN in another country. Used a second Kodi box in another country on the VPN that I never tried RD on. Never logged into RD on the laptop before and when I go to real-debrid.com/devices to put in the code....I do not need a log in and it acceps the code and authorizes the Kodi box. So, how is it linking my account on completely different comps, Kodi boxes, IP's, countries etc?

BTW...Thanks for teh quick replies!

Last edited:

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
It isn't linking your account, that's why you can't play anything.

Last edited:

tknorris

Feb 18, 2014
It isn't linking your account, that's why you can't play anything.
It is linking his account. You are misleading him. The IPs don't have to match. The reason he can't play anything is he has a free account.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
It is linking his account. You are misleading him. The IPs don't have to match. The reason he can't play anything is he has a free account.
I don't understand how it can be linking his account if he isn't logged in, which is what he said. Anyway I'll let you guys discuss it amongst yourselves :D

tknorris

Feb 18, 2014
I don't understand how it can be linking his account if he isn't logged in, which is what he said. Anyway I'll let you guys discuss it amongst yourselves :D
He's probably logged in already. The authorization won't complete until you enter the code and then click allow. You can only click allow if you are logged in. It's almost certainly the free account issue. You can't do jack w/ a free account.

Screwdriver

Nov 16, 2016
Exactly. I have a Premiumize account an it has me put in a customer code and pin into Kodi and it works great. Looking at RD to save a few bucks and something about the authorization did not seem right. Could not see how it would even know if I paid. See many of the posts I saw how to set up RD in Kodi showed options like "I have a RD account" which would flag a user name password request. My Kodi 17 has none of these options.

tknorris

Feb 18, 2014
Exactly. I have a Premiumize account an it has me put in a customer code and pin into Kodi and it works great. Looking at RD to save a few bucks and something about the authorization did not seem right. Could not see how it would even know if I paid. See many of the posts I saw how to set up RD in Kodi showed options like "I have a RD account" which would flag a user name password request. My Kodi 17 has none of these options.
Did you read my explanation?