Disable gestures in kodi while watching movies

Scooby13

Feb 14, 2015
While watching a movie, if I accidentally swipe in any direction the movie ends up seeking forward/rewind by 10 seconds or 1 minute. Is there any way to disable this so I can touch the screen without the movie seeking?

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
When you ask at another forum, I'd suggest telling them what device you are using, what version of Kodi etc, that way you might have some chance of people being able to help. In answer to your question though, I don't think there's a way to do it, the functions are there for the purpose of ffwd/rwd, if they were disabled you wouldn't be able to do it. But I might be wrong, as I don't use a touch screen device.

Last edited:

Scooby13

Feb 14, 2015
When you ask at another forum, I'd suggest telling them what device you are using, what version of Kodi etc, that way you might have some chance of people being able to help. In answer to your question though, I don't think there's a way to do it, the functions are there for the purpose of ffwd/rwd, if they were disabled you wouldn't be able to do it. But I might be wrong, as I don't use a touch screen device.
Didn't know writing all the info about my device was a prerequisite to even get a simple response. But to address your response I'm running kodi on an ipad 3 and ios 7. Now I hope I'll get more responses.
Also, when you simply just click on the screen while streaming, you get a toolbar to popup which includes play, pause, stop, fwd, rewind, etc. my concern is in regards to the swipe gesture as originally stated. I wasn't able to find any solutions or a concrete "no" to my question so I thought id ask the experts who use kodi on here.