Dish Network Sues ‘Zem*V’ and ‘TV Addons’ For Copyright Infringement

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
Don't clear your Packages folder

OK, here goes.

Possibly showing my complete lack of knowledge of the subject and probably also betraying my general ignorance I ask you @FXB78......why?

If it's dead, it's dead, surely?

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
OK, here goes.

Possibly showing my complete lack of knowledge of the subject and probably also betraying my general ignorance I ask you @FXB78......why?

If it's dead, it's dead, surely?
Ask invisable, it was his suggestion :p

What I assume he's saying is that you could install an old version & still use it until the links die. You might get another month or so out of it. But maybe that's not what was intended at all, it would probably work though :)

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
Ask invisable, it was his suggestion :p

What I assume he's saying is that you could install an old version & still use it until the links die. You might get another month or so out of it. But maybe that's not what was intended at all, it would probably work though :)
Right, got it now. They're not dead, just dying. It's just so depressing that with all what's going on of a very serious nature in the world that this has to be pursued.

Anyway, this is not the place for philosophical musings.

Thanks for replying and so swiftly.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Yes thats all I meant, some devs push updates to disable their addons, you may get another hour,day,month out of an addon before it dies who knows

AsphyxNYC

Apr 7, 2017
So the question here now is....
How long before TV Addons has an Onion Address and creates a TOR friendly Indigo (which is still a totally legal addon) so even if they attack the public site it will have very little affect?

itstheone

May 9, 2016
It seems like it's heading to vpn/torrents or websites/chromecast again.

It was a good ride but once you have pages on FB/Amazon/Ebay openly touting it, it could only go one way.

AsphyxNYC

Apr 7, 2017
It seems like it's heading to vpn/torrents or websites/chromecast again.

It was a good ride but once you have pages on FB/Amazon/Ebay openly touting it, it could only go one way.
Kodi and other streaming boxes aren't going anywhere...And they were never a replacement for Torrents anyway. As one Addon goes away another will eventually pop up in it's place. What I expect is to see some of the IPTV providers start adding some of the same On Demand functionality that some of these addons currently provide because to cut the cord you really need to either have recording capability or On Demand for shows you can't watch live. SO their business model depends on there being an Ex**us or SA*TS type capability to supplement the services they charge for. It would take too much money in hardware to support full DVR services.

I just wish the developers who left would have just open sourced their projects so that someone else could continue or fork the work they have done so it didn't go to waste.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
On a positive note, I'm sure all the box sellers heads are spinning around in circles now that the free addons they were exploiting and selling for a quick no investment profit have went *POOF* and all the boxes they sold are breaking...

ozzyman

Apr 23, 2014
Just too much scare and plain overboarding lately. As a lawyer myself as they never send any DMCA or similar TVAddons %100 not in trouble but Pho*nix / One242415 and some others just doing this situation more worse for entire community. As Pho*nix itself born from the Mashup trouble. (Itself seen multiple DMCA's and etc...)

Of course I'm not blame the developers... It's their choice to not continue but they could do similar non centralized repo (of course still help from tvaddons) or some other choice just like SA*TS continuation B-Plan...

LabRat

May 25, 2012
Hmmm....maybe this will drive down the cost of good hardware as those box sellers try to get something out of their investment.

mattyspurs76

Feb 16, 2015
When will this site shut down then? You promote the addons that have shut down then people post that the whole community ..addons and developers take a backseat for a few days.

Personally websites like this and the addons your promote are all to blame. So thank you for ruining it for everyone

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
When will this site shut down then? You promote the addons that have shut down then people post that the whole community ..addons and developers take a backseat for a few days.

Personally websites like this and the addons your promote are all to blame. So thank you for ruining it for everyone
Why don't you create your own addons then and stay away from sites like this. Unless you are enjoying the free work our devs have provide for years so ingrates such as yourself can enjoy free TV.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Your previous post suggest you were perfectly happy using this site and using the addons developed here, until today, now it's all this sites fault that your free TV isn't working?

A little Henny Penny hyperbole, don't you think?

1sikmf

Sep 9, 2013
Also removed SA*TS, c***ud, Pho*nix, and Planet MMA.. If the lawsuit was at ZEM, why has TV Addons removed these other addons. Will the removed addons appear somewhere else?? I hope Ex**us will not be removed!

Last edited:

SHUSSBAR

Dec 11, 2016
On a positive note, I'm sure all the box sellers heads are spinning around in circles now that the free addons they were exploiting and selling for a quick no investment profit have went *POOF* and all the boxes they sold are breaking...
i am sure they ll still manage to sell some for a while to uninformed people though.. :(

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Also removed SA*TS and Planet MMA.. If the lawsuit was at ZEM, why has TV Addons removed these other addons. Will the removed addons appear somewhere else?? I hope Ex**us will not be removed!
SA*TS hasn't been discontinued. To coin a phrase that is 'Fake News'. Don't believe anything you don't read here :)

kdawg64

May 1, 2015
Back in the day most of the FTA sites had a rumors section.i wonder if this is the case.thanks we will all find out i guess.
"Back in the day" would actually mean BUD and Plastic, FTA isn't that long ago.
And this is real. Always happens, some peeps get greedy and want more. So nothing new.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Only Live TV addons (and the devs who coded them) have been removed. That was the Devs decision. Can't blame them and they still have the full support of everyone in the TVAddons team.

flhthemi

Feb 20, 2014
I do wish I could code. Oh, but I wouldn't share..too many headaches....but then I could write exactly what I want. This is NOT to put down ANY devs...they've done a more than excellent job! I just wish I knew how to write my own stuff.

Oh, and I do get the feeling of hearing an echo around this forum...not a good thing to see stuff disappearing each time I visit :(