Dish Network Sues ‘Zem*V’ and ‘TV Addons’ For Copyright Infringement

pharmeceutikle

May 23, 2014
If SA*TS can just pass on their work to another Dev that's unafraid of copywrite infringements or in a country that does not have any agreements or care to any intellectual properties then I dont see any problem how Pho*nix wouldnt do the same.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
If SA*TS can just pass on their work to another Dev that's unafraid of copywrite infringements or in a country that does not have any agreements or care to any intellectual properties then I dont see any problem how Pho*nix wouldnt do the same.
Are you volunteering to take over the development and maintenance of Pho*nix then?

shyguysam

Dec 16, 2013
Canada
"Back in the day" would actually mean BUD and Plastic, FTA isn't that long ago.
And this is real. Always happens, some peeps get greedy and want more. So nothing new.
Oh the memories, P2, P3 hacks, batt cards, bootloaders, Black Sunday, Nagra hacks, still got a box full of FTA stuff in the closet !

flhthemi

Feb 20, 2014
I would imagine as a developer you would have an attachment to your work, to some degree. Like an artist. Giving up what one has put his time and effort into is more difficult for some of us than for others. So I understand other addons not taking the path that SA*TS is about to go down.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Oh, but I wouldn't share..too many headaches....
As someone that has been there and done that and never will again, trust me when it comes to sharing your FREEware hard work you get by far more 'complaints','attacks' and 'I demand you do this' emails then simple 'thanks' and half the people that did thank you yesterday are the first to 'attack' and 'blame' you when they don't get it their way or it stops working...

To all the developers (and even sites) that have and still might toss in the towel, thank you for all the days/weeks/months/years of dedication and enjoyment your addons and your non-rewarding volunteer hours brought many, now stay safe and enjoy your retirement...

anmsr

Sep 9, 2013
As someone that has been there and done that and never will again, trust me when it comes to sharing your FREEware hard work you get by far more 'complaints','attacks' and 'I demand you do this' emails then simple 'thanks' and half the people that did thank you yesterday are the first to 'attack' and 'blame' you when they don't get it their way or it stops working...

To all the developers (and even sites) that have and still might toss in the towel, thank you for all the days/weeks/months/years of dedication and enjoyment your addons and your non-rewarding volunteer hours brought many, now stay safe and enjoy your retirement...
True. so many people turned their back on lambda.

W_Cruzer880

Jun 7, 2017
Dish sues Zem? Dish is in Colorado why Dish went to a Texas court? Look up Zee Network that has offices in Richardson, TX. Why cry over spilled milk if one of their ads appear on one channel.

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
When will this site shut down then? You promote the addons that have shut down then people post that the whole community ..addons and developers take a backseat for a few days.

Personally websites like this and the addons your promote are all to blame. So thank you for ruining it for everyone
I agree to a point, it's all the free, easy to get stated tutorials given on the home pages in plain site, that got this to where it is now. everybody's doing it, these multi million companies are not just gonna look the other way. they have to fight back to survive and that's what they're doing. it's only the beginning in my opinion. It just can't Be That Easy..!

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Don't blame the site for this. Look for the blame with the box sellers who put those free addons on hundreds of thousand boxes and sell it to the masses. A few tutorials that most people never read are not the cause.

The only way this could have been avoided is if the devs had kept their addons private....but if they did, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
Don't blame the site for this. Look for the blame with the box sellers who put those free addons on hundreds of thousand boxes and sell it to the masses. A few tutorials that most people never read are not the cause.

The only way this could have been avoided is if the devs had kept their addons private....but if they did, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
ya i hear you.. but the box sellers most likely learned to load these boxes from reading this sites easy howto tutorial.. :) but whatever man, I just wanted to give my thoughts on this and i did. i'm not looking for a fight :)

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
ya i hear you.. but the box sellers most likely learned to load these boxes from reading this sites easy howto tutorial.. :)
I beg to differ, a vast majority of the fully loaded box builders load whatever 'Ultimate Bloatware Build' is trending this or that week so they can claim every bell and whistle under the sun is included...