Do I need to upgrade ?

sargan

Jun 8, 2016
I followed the steps here .. Amazon Fire TV and got TVAddons running (used wizard) on KODI for several months.

Notice increasing number of selections now fail to bring up a list of streams.

Couple of related questions -

Do I need to upgrade Kodi or TV Addons, or does this happen automatically ?

If I do need to upgrade can this be done from GUI on TV screen ?

Do I or can you refresh provide content ? ..... or is that automatic?

As an example .. none of the SkySports selection on Pho*nix bring up any streams

Sorry if this is basic, but I'm just a user - know little about how this is configured.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
If your box didn't come pre-loaded, the addons from TVAddons should auto update. Kodi normally needs to up manually updated unless you installed it from the play store....in which case it should auto update just like any other apps.

What version of Kodi do you have? Where did you install it from? What addons do you have on your box? Was it pre-loaded? Please post a log.

sargan

Jun 8, 2016
OK .... failed at the start for me ...
Followed the link to get log ...
Step 1 ... OK
Step 2 .... there is no option for 'get more'

what is listed is 3 icons .... Na*i-X, Addon installer and Maintenance tool

I did go to Maintenance tool and entered my email address for logs
Then went to KODI home/system/settings and enabled logging ...

but then stalled - can't find option to 'send' the log

Is there an updated guide?

As general info ...
I sourced KODI from the KODI download site
Then used adbfire and installed on my FIRE TV box
Then followed the Fusion installer process on this site to get TV addons, and the 'easy method' with config wizard.

KODI shows as ver 16.1
FIRE : 5.2.1.1

Last edited:

sargan

Jun 8, 2016
I did follow the link in your sig file it does not give those options on screen.
From the url in your sig file -
Step 1 ... OK
Step 2 .... under programs there is no option to 'get more'

All that exists are the 3 icons I mentioned - Na*i-X, Addon installer and Maintenance tool

I went to maint tool and added TVAuploader from there .........but still can't get things to work.

In the link you give to upload loads ... for example how do I get form step 98 to step 10 ? .... there are no options other than the icons mentioned ? ... no drop downlist

Last edited:

sargan

Jun 8, 2016
That is same page as the link in RavRob's sig file.

It fails on Step 2 ... there is no option for 'get more', no drop down list .... all I see is what is shown in step 2 screen grab .... plus 3 icons as described ... Na*i-X, Addon installer and Maintenance tool

If there is a way to make 'get more[/B]' appear then please advise ..... I want to provide the log, but I can't follow the instructions on that page.

If there is a particular button sequence or similar - just let me know.

Last edited:

kbtroop276

May 2, 2016
hello
I am very green in this tech. I bought an amazon firestck with kodi 15 loaded on it. I want to update it to 16 not sure how? Spo*ts De*il and Pho*nix stopped working any ideas

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
hello
I am very green in this tech. I bought an amazon firestck with kodi 15 loaded on it. I want to update it to 16 not sure how? Spo*ts De*il and Pho*nix stopped working any ideas
You have hijacked someones topic you should have started a new one yourself. but here is a way I posted in another topic

This is how I update my firestick
• Download the latest Kodi APK file from Kodi
• Save it to a location you can easily access on your computer
• Turn your Firestick on
• Select Settings
• Select System
• Select Developer Options
• Select Apps from Unknown Sources and turn ON & Select ADB Debugging & turn ON
• You will now see a warning message regarding unknown sources. Select OK you can turn off unknown sources later but we need it on to install Kodi
Now we need to find the IP Address of your Fire Stick. Select System
• Select About
• Select Network and make a note of the IP Address
Now you need to download and install adbLink:

Download adbLink for Windows
Download adbLink for OS X 10.7 or higher
Download adbLink for Linux
Whichever you are using

• Once you have downloaded and installed adbLink open it
• Select New
• In Description give your Fire Stick a name
• In Address type the IP you made a note of earlier & select Save (you can ignore the rest)
• Select Connect
• You should now see the IP Address of the Fire Stick listed in Connected Devices
• Select Install APK
• Navigate to the location of the Kodi APK you downloaded in the first step and select it
• You will now get a notification asking it you would like to install the APK. Select Yes
• You will know if the apk is installing as you get a little notification in the bottom right of the window
• You will get an Installed notification when complete. Select OK
Updated Kodi is now installed on your Firestick

Hope this helps you

sargan

Jun 8, 2016
Going back to my original post ....
I have posted log
Can anybody advise why I cannot get any Pho*nix live sports now ... used to work.

Jamiew1977

May 13, 2014
Going back to my original post ....
I have posted log
Can anybody advise why I cannot get any Pho*nix live sports now ... used to work.
Live streaming's hit or miss on kodi. Sometimes it work's! sometimes it doesn't... if you want reliable (sport) then stick to "sky or cable" like I do.

sargan

Jun 8, 2016
I understand that.
However if I use Ex**us it works almost 99% of the time.
Pho*nix worked 80-90% of the time .......... now it does not work at all, at any time.

Presumably this is not the expected position or I would not have been asked to post a log.

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
Unless someone is going around sending PMs with answers regarding these logs, its not worth posting them in these general forums. You can try posting them in the forum of the addon that you are actually having problems with (Pho*nix, here).

But, in general, live streams like sports are unreliable. There is no comparison to something like Ex**us.

Best advice, try another addon. Vidtime is good. Cas**way or Spor**dev*l are great sports addons.

So, yes, logs are great... but no one seems to be helping out. Anyone care to tell me if someone is doing something behind the scenes? Otherwise (at least in these general forums) they shouldn't be the first thing we ask for.