do u guys run ouya version of helix (tvmc) or android version

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
14.2 will be the last version for the stock Ouya as 15 requires at least android 4.2, preferably 4.4 to run. Which means you need to root and upgrade the Ouya OS.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
I'm running 15 rc on my ouya but it's rooted so I don't know if it would work or not without being rooted. I'm using the one click ouya root if that means anything.

Last edited:

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
I'm running 15 rc on my ouya but it's rooted so I don't know if it would work or not without being rooted. I'm using the one click ouya root if that means anything.
Is there any noticeable difference running 15 as opposed to 14.2? Haven't used my Ouya too much lately but it works well with Helix. I have 15 on my phone and a nexus 7 and they run OK but are a little glitchy as opposed to 15 on Windows.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Really no noticeable difference however when you hut the right directional button it fast forwards in increments where you hit it 3 times and it goes a minute, 4 times it goes like 3 minutes all approximate, I didn't memorize the exact values, still getting used to it but it's not a constant 30 seconds per click like it was.

All in all everything works just fine with either version but I figure I'd go with the latest and greatest lol.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
OK I made a mistake, I did NOT install kodi 15 on my ouya, I got my boxes mixed up, Kodi 15 will NOT install on an ouya without the cyanogen mod.

Looks like either ouya comes up with an update to their operating system or we can't install further than 14.2.

NOW I AM buying another shield!

Last edited: