• No

Votes: 12 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leicesterfan

Jun 4, 2014
I have an MX android box, a Galaxy tab on which I've installed XBMC with instructions from this forum (I'm quite proud of that, I'm usually crap at technology).

I've also pre ordered an Amazon Fire box. When it comes I'll move the MX box upstairs to the bedroom so I can watch normal tv with Film On as the indoor aerial doesn't work that well since TV went digital.

eddieaok

Sep 4, 2014
Hello just joined the forum today :)

I have an MK808B running beyond XBMC Frodo and gradually switching over to SPMC Gotham

Ed

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
The release of Android L may herald a new era of cost effective fully functioning XBMC/Kodi boxes but for now, for me, XBMC on Android is a bastardised version I'm going to let pass me by!

sparkfarmer

Sep 20, 2014
I have had a mk809ii with a mele f10 for over a 1.5 years.
I set it up with an XAF build of XBMC for a while and also have SPMC running on it.
The tv I originally set it up on was 720p. Got firmware on freaktab, xaf build on a site I cant find anymore.
I had to re install the xaf build twice and spmc once. too much tweaking and not enough knowledge!
Since most of the sources are i stream are 720p I haven't changed the firmware
I have tweaked the skins a bit and haven't changed much in 6 months.
It's about 90% of what I want it to be, it would be more but because I see things that I would like to tweak and can tweak.
It will never be better than 95% because ill always want to change something.
It has surprised me that it can work as well as it has.

jahoo

Sep 23, 2014
Ordered 2 yesterday on ebay for 50 bucks, will set one up for my 72 year old mom on my next visit. I have been running XBMC on my linux pinguy zbox,linux mint desk top and samsung tablet, runs great on all my systems and time to ditch the Roku's.

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
Have several android devices and was using my Ouya until recently but bought a droidbox x7 quad core device RK3188. Think the Ouya handles XBMC/Kodi better though. Tried many flavors on new device and all seemed to have lip syncing issues except Beyond Xbmc which works perfectly. Don't know what makes it work over others.

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
I have an OUYA rooted with XBMC and SPMC. Very fast and works well. I still think the actual video playback on my pi is superior though.

Just picked up a Minix Neo X5 to play around with since the price was right. Haven't had a chance to load it up yet. I'm interested to see what the speed is like compared to my pi and my OUYA.

pizzaman

Jan 13, 2014
X5 is a dual core so i don't think its going to be that great. The Fire tv is great and the x7 mini is another cheap quad core

pizzaman

Jan 13, 2014
I use 2 fire tvs in my home. I have also gotten several of them for friends and relatives. Had a couple people who tried other android boxes didn't like them but LOVE the fire tv.

1 is in my kids room and they love not only XBMC but since we are prime members they love not only using XBMC but being able to use amazon prime.
I like it for the following
1. Its fast and smooth xbmc plays great and the fastest of any of the boxes i have tried.
2. bluetooth remote is so nice to have and with rechargeables i don't go through batteries that often.
3. Lots of TV apps history, lifetime, disney, smithsonian ext and all high quality or HD and no air mouse needed
4. Its easy to use for when company come over and have no idea how to get around a typical android box or use an air mouse.
5. So far out of all the ones i have gotten for friends and relatives and 2 i have i have had no issues other then a bad power supply on 1 unit. I use to be a fan of minix boxes before the fire tv but they were not this trouble free.
6. For internal wifi its the best i have come across in a box. Granted the x7 mini w ext wifi and other external wifi boxes will do better. But i always thing wired is best either direct or through power line adapter.

The downside is the USB port is not open without root. But i use a NAS 2TB drive into my router. I do have mine rooted for using when away from home i can load up movies on a flash drive. And root is gone on the latest OS update.
The other downside is less customization but for me its not a downside because i want a tv box not a mini computer.

I have tried allot of boxes dual and quad core from most companies and the MX2 and midnight and more and this was the first one that i really liked and just worked the way i would expect a tv box. its like comparing the new LG tvs with web os that work really cool and have lots of apps to my old vizio that sure it does allot of the same thing but it does it crappy and with a horrible GUI

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
X5 is a dual core so i don't think its going to be that great. The Fire tv is great and the x7 mini is another cheap quad core
The X5 using SPMC and finless ROM is great!! Definitely faster than the pi and not noticeably slower than my OUYA which is quad core.
Even though it's only a dual-core, I am very satisfied with the overall speed of XBMC

Culagh

Sep 29, 2014
I've got a MK809III Android TV stick and on top of re-modding it I'm adding XBMC to get the best out of it. Loving every minute of it but finding it hard going.

NewToTheGame

Aug 3, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I just picked up one of those mini Android sticks. Its a quad core. Running XBMC on it and so far so good. I've been using jailbroken ATV2 for the past year so its nice to compare both systems.

n2play

Apr 4, 2013
I'm on my 2nd G-Box, an MX2 that updated my original Midnight. I've also run XBMC since it's Android release on my Samsung Galaxy II.

Cafox74

Aug 11, 2013
At home I am using my G Box MX2, at work my mac book, and on my cell a Samsung Note 2. I make sure I am never without Kodi, I love it.

tnichols

Mar 30, 2013
I have used Samsung and Asus tablets to run XBMC ver 12.x but since the Asus was only Tegra 2 am no longer compatible. I purchased an OUYA cube 11 months ago and although it occasionally crashes (about 4% of the time) It is a solid and fast device.

I am using a laptop in a different location and will probably replace it with an android box when the time comes.

freakrant

Oct 25, 2014
Using a MyGica 1800e with 16 gig memory card and 2 gig ram. 4×core, Kitkat, Gotham 13.2.

Very stable. Streams off NAS with 1080p no problem. TVMC XBMC runs excellent. Very good bang for the buck!

Status
Not open for further replies.