Do you use a Debrid Service?

• Yes

Votes: 117 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 63 35.0%

• Total voters

caramelo

Oct 21, 2015
No, no you are right about that part, but I just asked what is retention on those filehosters? Are people happy with that when using RD? I know for e.g. that Easynews keeps their files for more then 5 years which is pretty good but also it's pretty expensive too.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Real Debrid only premiumize the file hosters. So what ever retention the file hosters have will reflect on RD. But I have the same retention without RD as those using RD. The quality is the real and only difference AFAIK.

Cazza

Aug 20, 2016
I use real-debrid now for over a year. I still have buffering issues, but didn't realize I need to set my preferences to 90. I'll look into that and see what happens. I love it for the 1080p streams.

Bayern

Aug 18, 2012
I am using rd premium too...it is cheap and can find almost every content in 720 or 1080 quality...

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
I tried Real Debrid for the first time this weekend and literally fell off the couch. Typically I don't mind watching 720p even with subtitles hard coded in a different language and only one audio channel. But I couldn't get over how great the RD source was. 1080p, 5.1 sound, barley any buffer and for some reason, no screen judder. I was amazed. I'm going to keep trying other sources as well, but I think I might now be a convert. [emoji1]

mballen1950

Apr 30, 2016
i have used real debrid for over a year and love it. the only complaint i have is that they do not warn me when my subscription is about to run out. i find this out when real debrid quites working. when i make a payment it then starts working immediately.

Bkmdano12

Jan 25, 2017
I just started using Real Debrid and it gives you more options for 1080 streams. It cost around $19.00 for 6 months. That's 2 trips to a fast food joint that I can skip!!! Lol!

caramelo

Oct 21, 2015
Yaaay! I just bought a premium RD today for 15 days. :D I have a mixed experience after one day of testing with this. Tv shows works perfect and always get 1080p bluray HEVC source which is pretty good. Doesn't matter if it's brand new episode or older a couple of season backwards. For movies I'm feeling disappointment. It skips too many great encodes and settles usually on web-dl 1080p encodes if it's brand new movie or a some low bitrate 1080p or 720p if it's older movie. Really for movies it's not my cup of tea, but I'm really satisfied what I get for tv shows. :)

Last edited:

WBalls

Feb 15, 2016
I had real-debrid for a while, but actually found that they took longer to load and would still buffer.

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
I had real-debrid for a while, but actually found that they took longer to load and would still buffer.
Did you also have modifications to your cache in advanced settings file? My experience has been mostly great. And if I start up and it says buffering, I click play and it starts. Of course, still depends on the source

WBalls

Feb 15, 2016
Did you also have modifications to your cache in advanced settings file? My experience has been mostly great. And if I start up and it says buffering, I click play and it starts. Of course, still depends on the source
Yeah there's a good chance I might have set something up wrong. I did follow a tutorial on how to configure it at the time. I'm also using an MXQ box for the most part which I don't think is very powerful & a wifi connection so I run into streaming problems often. I might give it another try if you guys recommend it.

sultanofswig

Jan 26, 2017
I signed up for 6 months of Real Debrid after trying them out for a month. Some evenings, streams still buffer and sometimes the episode are tagged incorrectly. But for around $3 a month it seems to be worth it.

I am in the US with a 50Mbps internet plan. I have it set up on ATV4, iPhone, Mac OSx on Kodi 17.0 (not sure about ATV4 build version. I installed the Dec 23rd kodi build for ATV4). Mainly use Ex**us and SA*TS.

Having issues with HEVC and some h264 streams with slow motion playback on ATV4 but it is not real debrid specific.

George Wolfe

Dec 1, 2015
OK, a question from a confused one: I have subscribed to Real Debrid. They have nothing explaining how to set up or use the service (I asked thembut the answer was not an answer). I have searched the TV Addons site and have not had success here either. Can someone explain the set up to me?
Thanks,
lobo012847

After a series of dances with Real-Debrid I received a message stating that I should go to a web page (link) and add "my links in a white box"
Which/what links do I put in this white box? One for KODI, or one for each and every "station" on KODI that I use?

Thanks again

A word of advice for those opting to use a service such as Real-Debrid -- this particular one is not the best choice if you want a seamless (or easy) way.

Last edited:

George Wolfe

Dec 1, 2015
Thanks for your help.
Another question (two?) Real Debrid states that I must place links in a "white box" on their site -- which link (s)? And in the"How to Configure Real Debrid" on your site you state in step 10 that I should "use my computer's browser to follow the onscreen instructions" what web site/address do I find these instructions on -- TV Addons, or Real Debrid? Perhaps this is obvious to some, but I guess I'm a bit dense.

Thanks again

jonzen

Sep 1, 2015
George Wolfe , on real debrids site, you can put links from searches in the white box of the home page and download them. http://www.Al*uc.ee/ is 1 such search engine. if you click the torrents tab there are 2 white boxes, 1 for torrents and 1 for magnet links, this allows you to dl torrents without your ip being attached to the torrent where trolls get it and send u the nasty letter about piracy. as far as kodi goes there are links here to install real debrid in the urlpresolver allowing SA*TS and other addons to use it. if you use Ex**us you need to start Ex**us then click tools then accounts, then scroll to real debrid and click the link. a window will guide you from there.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
George Wolfe , on real debrids site, you can put links from searches in the white box of the home page and download them. http://www.Al*uc.ee/ is 1 such search engine. if you click the torrents tab there are 2 white boxes, 1 for torrents and 1 for magnet links, this allows you to dl torrents without your ip being attached to the torrent where trolls get it and send u the nasty letter about piracy.
I believe you are confusing Real Debrid and Al*uc for a VPN... Real Debrid and Al*uc do not mask your IP at all... Real Debrid just gives you access to their paid 'premium' account on many file hosting sites and Al*uc is just a dedicated video search engine, neither of them really hide your identity...

When you enter a 'torrent' or 'magnet' into Real Debrid it does protect your ID from a torrent swarm because you never actually download the torrent, they do and then provide you a link to a hosted version of the file, your real IP is still associated with that hosted file's download though... Yeah it's safer then just downloading a torrent on it's own, but not exactly fully hidden... Certainly a good idea though if you use public torrent trackers, not much use on private trackers though...

Last edited:

henry

May 15, 2015
Use Real-Debrid and have been very happy with it until recently when it stopped working on 17.1