Do you use a Debrid Service?

• Yes

Votes: 117 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 63 35.0%

• Total voters

George Wolfe

Dec 1, 2015
I'm not sure if your response was for jonzen, or me (George Wolfe). If it was for me I do not think Real-Debrid is a VPN. I want it to better play/stream sites such as Pho*nix.
Thank you all for you responses to my questions! I appreciate it greatly!

George Wolfe

Dec 1, 2015
Thanks.
I use the Real-Debrid for KODI only. The "white box" issue came up from Real-Debrid. Apparently, they confused KODI with a torrent (or something). I used the information that FXB78 (above) sent and things seems to be OK. The only problem I see is that the "debrided" links should appear in green, at least on Pho*nix. I'm not sure if that is a problem or not though. We watched several movies yesterday and they run great!

George Wolfe

Dec 1, 2015
THANK YOU!!
This worked fine. The only issue I find now is that I have no links in green. I'm not sure if this really is an issue though, as the movies we watched yesterday all ran great.

T26

Mar 18, 2017
I have just signed up. Seems Great foe playing films BUT I do not seem able, via Ex**us, to download them in the normal manner.
Am I missing something (i.e. left click, download on a RealDebrid source.
Thank You

jonzen

Sep 1, 2015
Sorry, but I do not see where I confused anything with a vpn. I have been using pia vpn for many yrs and have had real debrid for 2 yrs now. And yes when you dl torrents thru real debrid website it does mask your ip from the trolls watching public trackers. Al*uc I clearly stated as a link search for use with the debrid site.

jonzen

Sep 1, 2015
T26, there is a part of Ex**us settings named accounts. You have to activate your debrid account there in Ex**us to use it. In settings you also need to turn on downloads. And the download switch is backwards from SA*TS. After you have the sources listed you right click and chose download.

Last edited:

jonzen

Sep 1, 2015
Kevin, If you are using 17.1 on a linux computer you need to google and get a previous version of a dependency named requests, version 2.9.1 works, anything newer messes up python calls and kills derbrid links. I don't know if this problem exists on windows, it is fine on libreelec.

donmacf15

Sep 19, 2014
Been using RD for quite some time and it was flawless. Updated to 17.1 and hey presto its only working when it wants to. Works on my PC but not on my Fire tv and I have tried updating the url resolver script etc. Is it a known problem?

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
just a waste of money, kodi works fine without it
It's not necessarily a waste, for some content and for some Internet connections an RD account will offer you better 'HD' performance in Kodi... There are also other perks that come with most RD accounts, like 'anonymous' torrent downloading and faster download speeds of other files stored on many hosting sites, these perks alone can justify the cost for some...

curtyman11

Feb 21, 2016
Canada
If you got a tv over 55 inches and a sound bar or sound system you will notice the better picture and sound quality you get with it.

caramelo

Oct 21, 2015
No, if you got the 32" TV you can see the difference. For 40" and more is really noticable difference and for those people who get used only on Full HD 1080p at high bitrates RD is giving you way better quallity streams. With TV's with more then 55" you can see the difference between 1080p and 4K.

Bopper36

Sep 21, 2014
I have been using Real-Debrid for over 6 months and find better quality and higher speeds downloads then when I did not have Real-Debrid.

lablover4

Feb 26, 2017
I am a real-debrid user and Kodi 17.1 loaded on 3 streaming boxes. Have occasionally had noise on debrid streams. Could never figure out why. it does eventually correct after a few days.

bartjel

May 22, 2017
Are Debrid services like.. stable? Or can they appear and disappear at any time? Do they have a good uprate? I'm thinking about buying for a Debrid service, but before I put money in services like that I want to have a little certainty that the service won't be gone the next day.. :)

curtyman11

Feb 21, 2016
Canada
Real-Debrid has been around since well before Kodi so a 6 month membership is a safe choice. Even in the unlikely event they shutdown a couple months in, you're really not out much money since it's so cheap. If you want to play it super safe you can sign up for 15 or 30 days at a time, though this increases the cost for the longer term use.

bartjel

May 22, 2017
And Premiumize? Seems to work nice with the new Bubbles add-on, so wanted to give that a try. It's a lot cheaper when ordered for a year instead of a month..