Do you use a Remote Control app with XBMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleazar Coding

Retired Moderator
Oct 10, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
I was just wondering, how many of you use these Remote Control apps on their Apple or Android devices to control their XBMC setup?

I've personally never used one but would like to hear which ones you use, just reply to this thread to let us know! You might want to tell us what you like about that specific remote control app over others.

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
I have tried quite a few apps, yatse seems to be about the best.
But to be honest I generally stick to a mini qwerty, it gives you the best control without having to mess around.
In saying that I do like the ps3 bd remote support that is built into openelec.

Dr Peter OBoogie

Jun 24, 2013
I use 'XBMC remote' on widows phone, my only criticism would be its inability to search the network - you always have to know the ip.

I have Yatse recently installed on my android tab, but have only used it so far to grab the ip for my phone app. I liked the reviews but cant comment on it myself yet.

viewer

Apr 14, 2014
Australia
Hi,

This is a real good mobile android remote, but it is hard to find, you have to search for it via your mobile, find it and download it.
RKRemoteControlV1.1.0-1116.apk

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
I use my cec on my tv remote for the basics but if I'm want to do a search or anything else I also use yatse on my Android phone.
It takes a little bit of getting used to but I think you can use it for every command possible. I like that you can browse your media & see all the meta data on your phone and best of all it's free. However I did paid for the upgraded version of this as I use it everyday I thought it was only fair.
The only bad thing I can say about this is its not available on Apple devices
Code:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Yatse

noz

Feb 1, 2014
Asgard
Use normal remote that comes with android box for navigation but when it comes to searching or inputting any text then it is YATZE 100% all the way.

n2play

Apr 4, 2013
On my G-Box MX2 I find a wireless mouse to be the best overall navigation (especially in low light). If I need to type, I grab my Rii mini-pad.

podgod

Developer
Jan 13, 2013
The only app i have found that shows EPG info with Live TV is the official XBMC remote app. For everything else, I use Constellation for my iPad.

Arse4life

Apr 9, 2013
Everywhere
Xbmc remote for all my apple devices.

I don't have an android device but I recommend Yatse.

Both apps auto detect your xbmc system. Easy to use.

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
I use the airmouse that came with android x7 box but installed yatse on my phone yesterday and it works perfectly.

minderbinder

Feb 24, 2014
Yatse with unlocker, wth streaming plugin, and calling and notification plugins. Once configured Yatse takes all of the guess work out. Your library Metadata is there on your device. If a call comes in it is displayed in XBMC. You can use Yatse to send any media from your device to XBMC. My favorite feature is reverse streaming from my library to my device without affecting my PC. It accesses the hard drive but otherwise leaves my PC free. If anybody needs help with using Yatse just hit me up.

Trailer

Oct 6, 2014
I use the RKremoteControl app on my samsung galaxy s4 phone, with my Minix neo X7.

Free to download. I can also control my surround sound and tv with other apps. Makes it very convenient.

Best part, if i can not find my remote, I just call my cell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.