Dolby 5.1 surround sound Hosts/Streams

mwake

Mar 18, 2015
Used to find it relatively easy to find and watch movie and tv streams encoded in Dolby 5.1 but it seems for me in last month I'm struggling to find tv shows streams encoded with Dolby 5.1 surround sound. I primarily use the genesis add-on, but it seems for me that the number of hosts streaming 5.1 sound has dropped off recently... In fact the only host I can find that does 5.1 surround sound streams is a host called TVRELEASE....

Does any body know of hosts that are known to be reliable sources of surround sound? Or maybe even another add-on that is good for surround sound sound?

mwake

Mar 18, 2015
Thanks for reply gwilly7! I'll look into that! As I already said, it really does seem like something is up with surround sound from free add-ons recently. I wonder if there have been some legal take downs of the hosts or there is something wrong with my genesis setup....Hopefully other regular surround sound users of genesis add-on can confirm what is going on with my recent experiences...thanks again

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
We are all at the complete mercy of what version of the movie/tv show is uploaded to hosts, it's very rarely ever related to the host itself but more-so the person uploading and what they choose to upload and share

There's nothing wrong with the hosts or the addons, they don't have any effect on the user not getting DD, (that is unless the host transcodes the file to a lower quality after upload, but very few do this)

Hard to say why the lack of them lately.. maybe uploaders have changed? Current guys choosing to upload smaller file sizes? Free space on hosts is more restricted now so videos with DD are too big? Legal take downs would affect all not just specifics

mwake

Mar 18, 2015
Thanks for comprehensive reply Eldorado, I'm relatively new users to xbmc world and streaming add-ons so wasnt sure wether sure what was going on with regard to surround sound encoded videos. As you said we are at the mercy of uploaders, although I will look into trying furk.net to see if there are more surround sound videos there...Thanks again 😊

mwake

Mar 18, 2015
Ok I think I've solved the issue by accident! Whilst I was selecting a stream on genesis on my Windows kodi... I noticed that I was finding there were a lot more DD streams no matter what tv show movie I selected. I then went back to my android version of kodi and realised I wasn't getting the same sources for the exact same shows or movies.... I then compared the genesis versions and saw that the android box had an older version of genesis. I updated it to the latest version and now the sources are the same including a healthy option of DD sourround sound encoded videos for each tv show. So it seems different versions of genesis display different results and that the latest one is the best for DD 5.1 sound. Thanks for help much happier now 😁

jmh2002

Nov 20, 2012
FRA, ITA, UKR,
Maybe I am missing something and this is a stupid question, but where are you seeing if DD is available or not?

It doesnt appear in the choose source dialog does it?

jmh2002

Nov 20, 2012
FRA, ITA, UKR,
Yes, I'm aware of that of course (O: codec info, M: player controls, I: info)

But by the way the previous user posted it sounded like you could see if DD was available before playing the video...

Thanks anyway.

mwake

Mar 18, 2015
No sorry for confusion, I wait for the video to play and then automatically the info panel pops up telling me what you're if audio is playing....

mwake

Mar 18, 2015
That would be a really cool feature if you could see video and audio info before video is loaded 😊

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
That would be a really cool feature if you could see video and audio info before video is loaded 😊
Unfortunately that kind of info isn't shared before hand by the hosts or by the sites that catalog the links (1Ch**nel, Ic*f*lms etc.) so we have no way of knowing until play starts

Smartie38

May 13, 2015
I tend to use my usenet account to grab tv shows and movies with 5.1 sound when I can't find any sources for them from the various addons I use.

ncube2

May 29, 2012
How do u do that.. cud u explain.. All the movies including 1080p ones are 2.0 audio.. Any luck with any addon that have 5.1 sound options.
Cheers !
I tend to use my usenet account to grab tv shows and movies with 5.1 sound when I can't find any sources for them from the various addons I use.

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
Have a look at Relea***UB from theyids repo.
He has a couple of others that carry scene releases but I can remember them off hand.

cyphex

Sep 1, 2015
I then compared the genesis versions and saw that the android box had an older version of genesis. I updated it to the latest version and now the sources are the same including a healthy option of DD sourround sound encoded videos for each tv show. So it seems different versions of genesis display different results and that the latest one is the best for DD 5.1 sound. Thanks for help much happier now 😁
Hello mwake,

Can you share what version of Genesis is giving you more DD streams?

Thanks, Cyphex