download movies to USB

Alex P.K.

Jun 29, 2016
Hello,

I am new to Kodi and have watched some tutorials online on how to download movies and tv shows to a USB.

Unfortunately it's not working.

I am downloading from Ex**us and have set up the path in Ex**us download settings. The movies say they are downloading but they don't show up in my "movies folder" on the USB stick.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
If you're using android you need to be rooted and one app to open up read/right for us.
Hopefully an android guru will show up and point you in the right direction.

kozmo2k4

Feb 1, 2013
the SunShine State
You do not need to be rooted, however, you need to add the downloads folder into your library: Videos > Files > Add Videos , and navigate to the folder where you download the media.

Sent from my mobile communication device.

Alex P.K.

Jun 29, 2016
wait i may have found it when i browse in the root file system and click storage it shows up as udisk0

Alex P.K.

Jun 29, 2016
Still not working. it may have something to do with the fact that i have no idea what i am doing.

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
Why don't you use a torrent client like everybody else? that would fix your problem.

Alex P.K.

Jun 29, 2016
Yes i do and i was downloading from the laptop, but i would prefer to use the box.

Obviously its not as easy to use as i thought.

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
Yes i do and i was downloading from the laptop, but i would prefer to use the box.

Obviously its not as easy to use as i thought.
ya these boxes are nice but they have their limits i guess.not as powerful as a Laptop. it's probably doable but I'm sure you'll get better results if you keep using your laptop for downloads.

zoonie

Jul 24, 2016
I download from Ex**us to my phone storage. Then I transfer them to the phone SD card. Thru my router I then play the video to my smart TV. I use the app Solid Explorer by Neatbytes to move files. The stock Android file manager won't allow me to delete videos after I watch them. Check out Terrarium TV on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-N910H using News And Tutorials For Kodi

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Kodi Support 0
T Video Addons 3
J Kodi Support 6