DOWNLOADING A STREAM- What Prevents Some Streams from Being Downloaded?

xavier-cugat

Dec 1, 2017
Though we Stream most of our content, if we wish to take a "popcorn break" and PAUSE the Stream for more than a few (2-5) minutes, we are kicked out of the Stream and then must find the place we left off, and even using RD can cause some Buffering issues until it catches up. So some questions:

1) Is there a method to PAUSE a Stream without losing its place and allow it to be restarted without issues?

2) Downloading a Stream and storing it on my NAS resolves the above issues, but then we cannot easily use the Sub-Titles Feature. Does anyone know why some Streams cannot be downloaded from the same content? Some Stream choices just refuse, while others download fine.

THX!

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Not sure what method you are using to download or what addon you are using. I can tell you that some addon will allow you to resume where you left off. I believe you may have Trakt enabled for this but not sure about that. Try other addons see if it works better.

xavier-cugat

Dec 1, 2017
Thanks for your response.....

I've used multiple builds over the years (I use both a Fire TV and have it installed on my PC) whether it's ********, Neptune, etc. makes no difference in the results I detailed above...... And more specifically, I have installed at least 20+ different addon's and builds in that time to audition them to find the best experience.

"Trakt"??... Never used it or had it inadvertently turned it on.....

Are you saying what I am experiencing in items 1 & 2 are unusual?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Install the trakt addon from the Kodi Offidial Repo, create a free account at Trakt.tv and authorize Trakt in your addons. That might fix your problem.

Yes, item 1 and 2 are unusual for sure.

If you prefer to download, download to your PC using JDownloader or similar and transfer to your NAS. It is much better than downloading via an addon.

Sorry I can't be more specific, the addons you are refering to are infringing and cannot be discussed here.

xavier-cugat

Dec 1, 2017
Thanks and I will try your suggestions as I was unaware what TRAKT actually did, though after reading about its purpose as a "Sync Device Across Platforms" its not readily apparent as to how this will solve my issues.

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It is not likely that it will solve the download issue but Trakt could be the key to having your addon starting back where you left off. Therefore, you may no longer need to download.

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
If you have a keyboard and hit the space bar it will pause. Hit it again and it will resume but I do not know how long you get in between before it kicks out....if at all.