Downloading to a nas drive, is it possible ?

Jamie Roberts

Oct 22, 2012
Hi all
Is there a way to download from xbmc/kodi directly to the nas?im using openelec on a nuc.
I can seethe nas using samba , and can also play the current files on it.
When I try to set the download path to the Nas I get error saying no file exists.
I've googled it a lot and I am very confused.
Can anyone offer any guidance or help
Thanks

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
Yes. You need to mount a network share using autostart.sh

There's some info herehttp://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Mounting_network_shares

There's also a thread on the Raspberry Pi forum as that also uses openelec

Jamie Roberts

Oct 22, 2012
Yes. You need to mount a network share using autostart.sh

There's some info herehttp://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Mounting_network_shares

There's also a thread on the Raspberry Pi forum as that also uses openelec
Thanks for the reply. Will have a look tomorrow when head is a bit clearer.
Does mounting it like you linked too make xbmc think it's a storage device rather than a nas?
I'm very inexperienced with things links this. Thanks again

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
You can do it in Genesis with no extra work. Simply Mount the network drive then when downloading in Genesis you set the download path to your network drive. That's it.

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
Here's what is in my autostart.sh file

#!/bin/sh
(sleep 30; \
mount -t cifs -o username=xbmc,password=xbmc,rw //192.168.1.11/xbmc /storage/nasfolder; \
)&

This assumes your NAS drive has IP 192.168.1.11 with a share called xbmc and you have a user/pass on the share of xbmc/xbmc

The folder you are mapping needs to exist so in my case I created a subfolder called nasfolder in the storage folder

Copy into a text file, change the details and save as autostart.sh and drop into the configfiles folder of the Openelec device