Ethernet connection or wireless?

swiftrod

Jun 7, 2012
Hey guys I have a bit of a puzzler for ya! Already posted about having a external hard drive connected to my router and whilst I know I can not download directly to it from add ons, I am however able to copy from ATV2 to hard drive using file manager in XBMC. The problem I am having is that if I have ATV2 connected to router by Ethernet connection when copying files it mostly fails and I have to restart XBMC to access hard drive again. However if I connect using wifi then there is no problem copying files. Obviously the Ethernet connection will copy faster at a steady 1.5 mb/s where as wifi copy's at anything between 500kb/s upto1.0mb/s

Just wanted to see if anyone has any idea why it is failing with Ethernet connection as this would be the preferred connection for my setup!

Thanks as always for all your help

Swiftrod

swiftrod

Jun 7, 2012
Hi, the router is the standard Bt Hub that was recently supplied with the fibre optic broadband package, it works in every other sense but when transferring using file manager from ATV2 it gets so far then fails but if I transfer using wifi connection it works every time?

os-warped

Nov 21, 2015
Just a thought is your cat5 laying near anything that cause interference, transformers, ballast, ups etc. it is best to try and keep it from running parallel with elect. wires also.