external harddrive

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
You can't mount an external drive until it's ROOTED. This one reason I continue to recommend the Ouya. Amazon has clearly decided to FIGHT rooters early on...Leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth as they have restricted so many aspects of the device.

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
You need to sideload a program called stickmount and if you're having issues there's a well detailed tutorial in the sticky threads.

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Your problem maybe you need a powered hub. Flash drives seem to work fine with or without power but a regular usb external drive usually needs it's own power. Test a flash drive to see if that is indeed the issue or if it's something else.

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Could need a lot more troubleshooting or there's something being missed. Just an example...when I try to add my files as sources I believe I wouldn't see the actual files but I clicked ok and then, if I recall right, they do show up.
Also if I recall correctly, there are some places in xbmc where I can't see some files on usb (maybe file manager?) But when looking in other places within xbmc they appear...
And that might not solve your issue but hoping it might help in troubleshooting.

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Sorry. I'm basing this on my memory so maybe that's not the place where I had trouble seeing the files...I'm actually kinda surprised you have a powered usb & are having these issues...
Do you have es file explorer or root explorer installed? I ask because I'm wondering if you see your folders there...and for me I need to click sda1 then usb storage. But honestly I'm running out of ideas. The only time I remember having issues like you describe or reading about them are when we're dealing with nonpowered hubs or selfpowered hdds. If you have a flash drive I'd try that just to maybe narrow it down...could be a bad connection. Though I haven't experienced it personally I have read about some people having issues like that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Kodi Support 14
S Random Topics 13
B Android Boxes 0