Request Failed to import Metahandlers

wowmom23

Dec 8, 2012
Dallas, TX
I haven't changed anything and hadn't used Kodi in a couple of days. Today I tried to watch something on 1Ch**nel and received an error:

Import failed
Metahandler

Error:
Script failed! 1 Channel

I then tried Ic*f*lms and receive a similar error:

Failed to import Metahandlers
A component needed by Ic*f*lms is missing on your system. Please visit...

I appear to be able to access Genesis and others. I enabled logging but the Kodi log uploader also fails! 😬. I cannot start the Maintenance tool either. I googled a bit and tried a new install of tvmc and that actually helped through 1 show. Then the problem started again. I found another option which was to disable metadata in 1Ch**nel but that didn't help.

Running version 13.2 on Amazon Fire box FYI. I have nothing other than the config wizard add-ons installed.

I have run the tvmc install again to start fresh and I can get into the maintenance tool if there is something there that would help. I just assume that within the hour, I will again get the Metahandler error again.

Please help!

Snyderbrad13

Sep 22, 2015
Not sure if this will work for you or if its actually right but i just uninstalled 1Ch**nel and reinstalled it and it worked. I have 1Ch**nel and ice films back.

wanderer25

Sep 27, 2015
netherlands
Same thing here, tried the easiest thing, uninstall Ic*f*lms and installatie, didn't help.
Went to library addons to update metahandler, didn't work either :S
So removed metahandler and yes needed to remove all that uses metahandler first, but this did the trick.
Ic*f*lms, 1Ch**nel work again and gladly favourites stay intact.
Took about 5 minutes, hopes this helps.

Yackyjak1

Sep 27, 2015
Same thing here, tried the easiest thing, uninstall Ic*f*lms and installatie, didn't help.
Went to library addons to update metahandler, didn't work either :S
So removed metahandler and yes needed to remove all that uses metahandler first, but this did the trick.
Ic*f*lms, 1Ch**nel work again and gladly favourites stay intact.
Took about 5 minutes, hopes this helps.
Could expain how you did this? my brother inlaw usually helps me out but he's not available at the moment.. is there a youtubevideo with step by step guide??

wanderer25

Sep 27, 2015
netherlands
No YouTube as far as i know, but i will try to explain.
Go to system-config(guess this will be the english word)-add ons-installed add ons-add on library.
There you will find metahandler in the list, then push whatever button for the little menu, choose add on information and click remove, now it will say can't remove cause of other add ons need this.
Sadly enough you have to remove all add ons it lists then so it will allow you to remove metahandler.
If done so click add ons download-all add ons- add ons library and look for metahandler again and install.
Now you can install Ic*f*lms, 1Ch**nel or whatever add on said metandler error.
Hope this is easy enough to follow