Installation failed

Followed by

Ex**us
Failed to install a dependency

I have a completely fresh install of Kodi

Many thanks

JennBagu

Jan 2, 2017
I have this same problem, only I did install from the add on installer. Some of the icons are not in the same places as the instructions I am getting and I have spent in excess of 3 hours just trying to get this program installed. I finally got it past the simplejson and metahandler fails and now I just have the failed dependency. I'm using an acer with Windows 10. Please help.

Edit, and now it's having an issue with the simplejson and the metahandler. I hate technology, someone please help me!!!

Edit 2, and I checked the 1st fail which was the simplejson and tried to download it directly from the publisher. No matter what link I click on it tells me it cannot be run on my computer, since the Ex**us app is tied to the python, metahandler and simplejson files, I am guessing that I cannot install your program on my computer. That sucks. Amazon, here I come.

Last edited:

cynycl

Oct 30, 2015
Are you installing from the fusion repo? I have no idea what you are talking about above. I install fusion repo ( no builds or other wizard crap), install addon installer and Ex**us and it works on every device, every time.

No Johnson required [emoji2]

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Simplejson runs in the background. It should get installed with Kodi on the original install.

If you can't get it to work, remove Kodi completely....this means profile folder and any registry entries. You may need to get a program such as Total Uninstaller for this to work.

Then follow the instructions on this site.
To set Fusion as your source
https://www.tvaddons.co/fusion-installer-kodi/
Then the Addon Installer
https://www.tvaddons.co/addon-installer-kodi/

AlterEgo

Jan 3, 2017
BC Canada
I was having dependancy not found problems with some addon I was trying to install. Youtube told me to go into the log file after restarting kodi and trying to install the addon to make the error. Right there in the log it said I was missing a file called script.common.plugin.cache I had to manually install the file, reinstalled my addon and it installed.

Resolver

Jun 2, 2017
How To Fix Kodi Error: “Failed to install a dependency”?

Just follow the simple steps to get rid off the problem
Go to the folder and wipe all the dependencies
Main Screen > System > Settings > Add-ons > System > Dependencies > Beautifulsoup
Restart Kodi try reinstalling the addon again if it fails again
Go back to main menu, then manually download the zip file and use “Install from zip file” method.
Download the file script.module.beautifulsoup-3.2.1.zip.
Do not unzip it. Use “Install from zip file” method to install it. For details and video visit us on:
kodihome.com/how-to-fix-kodi-error-failed-to-install-a-dependency/

Last edited: