Failed to install add-on from zip drive

Thirdcoastmike

Apr 4, 2017
Hello, newbie here. I'm trying to update my amazon fire stick to the latest version. I installed SMPC, and set up fusion in system/file manager. Then I went to system/settings/add-ons/install from zip file/fusion/begin-here/plugin.program.indigo-1.0.4.zip, waited, and got the error message that it didn't install. I've done it multiple times with the same result. Am I missing something? Please help!

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Sounds like you have a corrupt database, a permissions issue or FUBAR install, you could just try re-installing and see if that fixes it...

Thirdcoastmike

Apr 4, 2017
I uninstalled everything, the old kodi as well as the new one I just installed. Redid the installation, and same thing. So it looks like I won't be able to use the indigo tool. But that's ok, I can still manually install the addons like Ex**us, etc.

Scanner

Apr 6, 2017
We are receiving this same error message. We have a Fire Stick with Kodi 16.1 upgraded to 17.1, added the fusion link, and tried to install Indigo from the zip. Got the error. We have cleared caches and data, uninstalled and reinstalled several times also trying every other version (17.0 Kodi and 16.6 SPMC), but none of them allow us to install Indigo. When we went back to 16.1, it allowed us to install Indigo, but apparently we can't use that version.

Event log said, "Installing the Add-on from zip file located at plugin.program.indigo failed due to an invalid structure."

Where do we go from here?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You need to start totally from square one. Uninstall all Kodi and SPMC you now have. Reboot your box. Fetch Kodi from play store or from Kodi.tv/download and install. See if that works. If it does, continue with Indigo.

Scanner

Apr 6, 2017
You need to start totally from square one. Uninstall all Kodi and SPMC you now have. Reboot your box. Fetch Kodi from play store or from Kodi.tv/download and install. See if that works. If it does, continue with Indigo.
Kodi installed fine, but Indigo failed with the same error. I guess we can manually install our favorite third-party apps, but I'd really like this to get this to work properly if possible. What's the next step in finding a solution?