Failed to install add-on from zip file

twa96

Feb 19, 2016
Hello

I have done a fresh start on my kodi android and went to install fusion.tvaddons. However when I go to install the zip file it says that it 'failed to install add-on from zip file'.

Previously it was saying that it could not connect to the server despite my internet being on. I have disconnected my VPN but it now says the above. My internet is still working.

http://fusion.tvaddons.co is what I have typed in about a million times. This is driving me mad. I have tweeted tvaddons asking if the server is down.

Anyone?

twa96

Feb 19, 2016
Update

Nothing is being installed on the android after update. I can't even do another fresh start as it is not allowing any installations.

I bought the android pre installed last year. Is this the issue?

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Update

Nothing is being installed on the android after update. I can't even do another fresh start as it is not allowing any installations.

I bought the android pre installed last year. Is this the issue?
It's definitely not down. If you click the link you posted, it goes right to the web site so that's not it. Actually, can you get to it on another device? Computer web browser? Yes, purchasing a preinstalled device can have certain tweaks that could block it but maybe not. So start with a computer and see if you can install on there. By chance, what is your country location?

Idok Fire

twa96

Feb 19, 2016
Hi Idokfire

Thanks for replying. I have just done a fresh start on my Mac and everything is perfect. Fusion installed so the issue is something to do with the android.

I live in the uk. I have a VPN that I use.

twa96

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Hi Idokfire

Thanks for replying. I have just done a fresh start on my Mac and everything is perfect. Fusion installed so the issue is something to do with the android.

I live in the uk. I have a VPN that I use.

twa96
I have read some posts about a setting in the modem or router that blocks access. BT? Something? Try searching the forum for blocked access England. Sorry that I can't recall more specifics.

Idok Fire

twa96

Feb 19, 2016
Thanks

Funny that it works on mac but not android. Will search and play around countries on VPN.

Thanks again.

Deano999

Aug 29, 2016
Exact same problem
Initially it was telling me, cannot connect to server but my internet was running fine.
Then I cannot get any addons when I try to install from zip file. Tried from fusion and Su*** *epos. No luck.
On Jarvis 16.1

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Deano999
What platform are you on? If windows, the firewall might be blocking Kodi. If Kodi is blocked, you won't get any addons from Zip or other. If it is on Android...and obviously it is pre-loaded since you have Su*** *epo. I would do a fresh start and only install addons from here. Su*** *epo installs all sort of gabage that may adversely affect your box.

If it still won't work after a fresh start let us know.

tbca

Oct 30, 2012
did fresh start and several addon intstallers from zip...not just fusion it must be something with android because they are working on mac and pc

aj_parry

Sep 13, 2016
Having the same issues. "Failed to install add-on from zip"

Done this in the past with no issues. Now just not allowing me to install anything from zip or repository

Says, "http://fusion.tvaddons.co/start-here/plugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.9.zip failed due to an invalid structure."

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

BBMS

Oct 29, 2016
Same issue I've run into. I've never been able to find an answer to it in all my google searches. Resetting to factory default worked once but not the latest time.

I'm assuming it has to do with my comcast router? No idea what to do to unblock it.

HitomiAI

Nov 7, 2016
Hi, I'm new here and I'm not sure if my problem should go under this thread. Anyway... I have downloaded Kodi and fusion yet when I go to open zip file nothing is listed in fusion. I also keep getting that there is no internet connection. This is becoming annoying, as I've followed all the instructions listed. Help!!

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Hi, I'm new here and I'm not sure if my problem should go under this thread. Anyway... I have downloaded Kodi and fusion yet when I go to open zip file nothing is listed in fusion. I also keep getting that there is no internet connection. This is becoming annoying, as I've followed all the instructions listed. Help!!
Post a screenshot, you probably input it wrong.