Failed to install add-on from zip file

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Looks like you did it right, could be an ISP issue, something like BT Homehub. Which ISP are you using?

HitomiAI

Nov 7, 2016
I don't know I'm at University and using their internet. It's so annoying cause the old TVMC worked. Think I'd best go speak to It about my internet connection. :( Thanks for all your help guys.

Amazon4452

Nov 12, 2016
11/12/2016
I have had Kodi on my android device for a week or so, and my Ex**us add-on was working fine. A few days ago, the selected movie or episode would not be able to load any sources, and the once it did I wouldn't be able to load the stream to watch. I uninstalled Kodi and redownloaded a clean copy of Jarvis, yet when I try to install Ex**us or any other add-on, I keep getting a notification saying "Failed to install Add-on from zip file." It's not my ISP (same one I had when I first downloaded Kodi and everything worked...)
Please help!

Last edited:

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
How are you trying to install Ex**us from a zip file? It should be installed from the Ex**us repo, what sources are you using?

Booney3722

Nov 16, 2016
I have Kodi on my android and have had no issues but today I bought a new tablet. Went to settings-security- allow unknown sources and proceeded to download Kodi. I also downloaded Spor**dev*l and I did the http://fusion.tvaddon.again and when I went to thensure install from zip file and fusion and went to download Spor**dev*l and add on installer it says the same message about how cannot install from zipfile. I have Google Drive and looked on reddit and can't find any help. I don't get why it works on my g5 but won't work on my tablet.

italianmale32

Feb 21, 2017
Please could anybody help?

When trying to install a wizard I receive the error message failed to install add-on from zip file.

Many thanks.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
You need to tell us what zip file you are trying to install, a log file would also help.

Debbieee

Feb 18, 2013
I am having exactly the same problem...just purchased a new fire tv...installed fusion but won't open the zip file so can't install the hub wizard...help

Ditchpig

Feb 21, 2017
2 pc, both win10, tried both Krypton and Jarvis
2 Android tablets on Krypton

Install from zip/fusion/begin-here/plugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.9.zip

All get fail to install from zip error.

Last edited:

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Take a look here -https://www.tvaddons.co/forums/fusion-installer/55931-fusion-files-missing-install-fusion.html#post400498

Ditchpig

Feb 21, 2017
I can reach fusion.tvaddons.co just fine by web browser and can navigate to the zip file. Not sure if that helps narrow it down or not. Mind you I can navigate to it in Kodi just fine as well. Just won't install.

Error from log

12:21:46.946 T:18446744072427931952 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting zip://http%3a%2f%2ffusion.tvaddons.co%2fbegin-here%2fplugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.9.zip/

Last edited:

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
This URL does not exist - http://fusion.tvaddons.co/begin-here/plugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.9.zip

The file won't install because it's not there.

This URL - http://fusion.tvaddons.co/begin-here - takes you to the page I took a screen grab of and posted in another Thread, the address of which I posted above. This is the landing site for the new Indigo program not Addon Installer

Do you have a specific reason you want to install plugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.9.zip because a) it was updated to version 1.3.0 18 days ago anyway and b) even if you get it to work, if your comms can't resolve to a root of fusion.tvaddons.co properly how are you going to access anything lower?

If you desperately need to install either v1.2.9 or v1.3.0 they're easy enough to find elsewhere, just bypass fusion and download them directly.

Kylegilmore

Feb 21, 2017
I need help. Kodi was erased from my android box. Installed it again but now when I put in fusion add on. I go to zip file and the option to click is begin here instead of start here. This is for a few different add-ons. It does nothing when I click on them. And all videos i watch on youtube had it being start here. Any idea of why

Michail1

Feb 22, 2017
Really my first post only because I am tired of the forum telling everyone it's an ISP issue.

This has been an issue for weeks now (nearly a month).

I, like others, have tried 3 different ISPs (Integra, Comcast, and Frontier). At work, we use google DNS (8.8.8.8) and still having the same issue.

How are the staff still blaming ISPs for the DNS ip propagation as the issue after all this time?

This is a cloudflare issue!

Server: tesrv.te.local
Address: 172.16.2.2
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: tvaddons.co
Addresses: 104.20.57.22

and...
> server 8.8.8.8
Default Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8
> tvaddons.co
Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: tvaddons.co
Addresses: 104.20.58.22

Comcast and Google report the same (cloudflare) IP as the DNS. So, if I am getting the 'old' directory results, then cloudflare is reporting poorly cached results. (Not my firesticks, windows, or browser)

Kanew

Feb 27, 2017
Has anyone worked this out yet? My Ex**us was working fine then the tvs how stopped working, you couldn't find a list under any of the selections. The movies were still working at the time. I did a fresh start to see if I could get the tv shows back and it failed to install add on from zip. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Kosi app several times and downloaded the zip again but still same problem.

Help needed