Error Failed to install depencey

Thehip66

Oct 17, 2019
Hello . I currently can’t get any add-ons to install . I have tried to do a few tips I have found on-line with no luck yet . I have tried uninstall/reinstall, clearing cache and deleting a file called addon27 .. that does not work ( fails to delete file ) on windows 10 also try tried older version 18.1 I believe ... Frustrated.. any help appreciated . Thanks

zagato

Oct 4, 2019
how far do you get?
i mean do you add source?
install the repo?

please give us as much info as possible, thanks.

Thehip66

Oct 17, 2019
It opens the zip file successfully... it’s when I try to install the add on it get error message .. failed to install deppencie

Thehip66

Oct 17, 2019
I have tried the newest version 18.7 ? 64 bit Not sure exact number and I have tried 32 bit 18.1

Thehip66

Oct 17, 2019
AVG ... but I didn’t have any issue with a previous Kodi I had ... I had an older version , that some issues playing shows by times .. so I uninstalled it to try a new version thinking it may play better and not crash .. this is when the current issue became when I tried to add add-ons to the new install

• Sad
Reactions: capslock

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
Did you clear the application data when you uninstall the old version? The addon format changed between 16 and 17/18 and sometimes causes problems.
Best is to delete the Application Data folder and run Kodi, it will create the Appdata folder in the new format and then you will be able to install addons
The folder to delete completely is
Code:
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi

Reactions: zagato

zagato

Oct 4, 2019
have you updated your windows drivers?
if not use iobit driver booster.
please let us know how you're getting on as others may have/get the same issues. (y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Fusion Installer 23
I Video Addons 2
T Fusion Installer 7