Status
Not open for further replies.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
FilmOn Simple

I am going to discontinue this addon. The amount of channels available from FilmOn for free is becoming more and more limited.

I am excited to announce the release of the FilmOn Simple addon!

This addon allows you to stream content from the FilmOn website. It is setup so that it will only pull content that is allowed in your area. So while some content is geo-blocked the, addon will still work and only show you what is available to you.

Update:
FilmOn has gone to a paid only service. The FilmOn Simple addon has been updated so that it only provides access to the channels that are still free from FilmOn. This has only been tested from within the US. So some channels may not be free outside of the US and there may be some channels that are free outside the US that are not displayed.
It is also a Zero Config addon. It is not setup for use with a FilmOn subscription. It is geared towards those looking for extra free TV content.

The addon is available in the TVADDONS Repo.

I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

bluezed

Developer
Feb 8, 2014
Bavaria / Germany
Hi there!

Just discovered this addon and it works great for me. Thanks for the effort :)

One question... have you envisaged something to easily start playing a channel from other addons? Specifically I was thinking of adding direct support into FTV Guide and would like to avoid having to go the "Add favourite" route.

Cheers!

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi there!

Just discovered this addon and it works great for me. Thanks for the effort :)

One question... have you envisaged something to easily start playing a channel from other addons? Specifically I was thinking of adding direct support into FTV Guide and would like to avoid having to go the "Add favourite" route.

Cheers!
Very glad that you like it!

I have put together a partial addons.ini section for it. Since I use it with FTV Guide. :)

I will share it here soon and it can serve as a guide for creating your own.

ever1234

Sep 1, 2015
OK open film on add-on and all filmon channels were available in the UK section but this morning there gone do you know why maybe the update live in us newyork but the add-on is nice.thanks

Last edited:

jmh2002

Nov 20, 2012
FRA, ITA, UKR,
This addon might be useful for users that need an .ini file:

Code:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291225
Thanks for sharing that. I have never tried it, but it looks cool.
I use it to create ini files for the odd few addons (or sections of addons) that are not natively supported by the EPG addon that I use, eg: the News section in Pho*nix, the World News Live addon, etc.

I can report that it works very well. The nice thing is that once you have it set up, if there is a change with an addon and a link to a channel changes, you just run the Addon ini Creator again and in a few seconds your ini files are updated with the new links. This is very helpful.

poppy

Aug 4, 2014
Cyprus
Just found this add on and it works really well here in Cyprus very pleased :)thanks for all your hard work

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
OK open film on add-on and all filmon channels were available in the UK section but this morning there gone do you know why maybe the update live in us newyork but the add-on is nice.thanks
Are you using the FilmOn Simple addon? If so then the channels will show depending on how the FilmOn website has geo-blocking setup. So if you are in the US then you will see some of the UK channels but not all.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I use it to create ini files for the odd few addons (or sections of addons) that are not natively supported by the EPG addon that I use, eg: the News section in Pho*nix, the World News Live addon, etc.

I can report that it works very well. The nice thing is that once you have it set up, if there is a change with an addon and a link to a channel changes, you just run the Addon ini Creator again and in a few seconds your ini files are updated with the new links. This is very helpful.
Sounds awesome! Going to have to take look!

arcosbaz

Aug 23, 2015
Big thumbs up from Southern Spain. Working great and giving me everything I need for my UK TV diet. Thank you.

Joroadnight

Mar 14, 2017
Hi I have film on simple on my amazon fire sticks, which has been great. However it has stopped working on one and I dont know why, any ideas? Thanks

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi I have film on simple on my amazon fire sticks, which has been great. However it has stopped working on one and I dont know why, any ideas? Thanks
I would need more information to be able to look into it. Did it stop working on all devices? Do you see error messages? Can you post a log?

stonemaster

Jan 16, 2017
I just changed builds and somehow filmon has vanished from the fusion repo, any ideas? I tried downloading again but its just not there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Video Addons 1
T Kodi Support 3
X Video Addons 1