FilmOn Simple Addon (Discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomh

Apr 2, 2017
EXCELLENT ADDON! I just upgraded to Kodi 17.1 and now my view always reverts to list. I can't get it to keep thumbnail view. I'm running on a Win 10 box with 6GB RAM and 1TB HDD. Everything is up to date. Any thoughts?

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
EXCELLENT ADDON! I just upgraded to Kodi 17.1 and now my view always reverts to list. I can't get it to keep thumbnail view. I'm running on a Win 10 box with 6GB RAM and 1TB HDD. Everything is up to date. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Hmm not sure. I know that there were some issues in Kodi 17 with directory cache or something. That has kept me from switching. I think that could be the cause.

is0lde

Apr 17, 2017
I am trying to watch BBC New on kodi 17.1, the stream opens in Filmon, but kodi is displaying Playback failed message, shading out the the stream while it plays. Is this Kodi problem or Addon issue? If I click ok to cancel the message the stream stops.
Any suggestions?

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I am trying to watch BBC New on kodi 17.1, the stream opens in Filmon, but kodi is displaying Playback failed message, shading out the the stream while it plays. Is this Kodi problem or Addon issue? If I click ok to cancel the message the stream stops.
Any suggestions?
Hmm that is very strange. Is it happening on all channels or just that one?

itstheone

May 9, 2016
I had that issue in c***ud until it was updated. just tried this addon and it's fine here (BBCNews).

Kodi 16.1 and win10

Joroadnight

Mar 14, 2017
Hi Great add on we use it all of the time. However today we can only watch 3 minutes on any UK TV channel before it goes back to the menu. We have just updated to Kodi V17 and re installed all of our add ons but Fimlon Simple only works for 3 minutes, can you tell me what I might have done??? Any help would be great. Thanks

thom

Sep 5, 2015
I lost these channels from Filmon ITV+1,2,3,4,CBS Action,drama,reality,reality+1,5 star, channel5, e5,film4.

Anybody know where to find any of these channels.

bluezed

Developer
Feb 8, 2014
Bavaria / Germany
So far I've not found another free or VPN-less way to watch any of those channels. Have resorted to using a VPN for now with different Addons for the channels I watch.

I could imagine subscribing to Filmon but Filmon Simple currently doesn't support any user login. Would be nice if it had that option ;)

Landrover

Dec 1, 2014
I lost these channels from Filmon ITV+1,2,3,4,CBS Action,drama,reality,reality+1,5 star, channel5, e5,film4.

Anybody know where to find any of these channels.
ITV Hub/Player has ITV channels 1-4 directly from ITV and therefore do not timeout. I don't really watch the others so I have not searched them out.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Filmon Simple is back!

As you all probably know by now, FilmOn has gone to a paid only service. The FilmOn Simple addon has been updated so that it only provides access to the channels that are still free from FilmOn. This has only been tested from within the US. So some channels may not be free outside of the US and there may be some channels that are free outside the US that are not displayed.

Hope you enjoy!

itstheone

May 9, 2016
Filmon Simple is back!

As you all probably know by now, FilmOn has gone to a paid only service. The FilmOn Simple addon has been updated so that it only provides access to the channels that are still free from FilmOn. This has only been tested from within the US. So some channels may not be free outside of the US and there may be some channels that are free outside the US that are not displayed.

Hope you enjoy!
Brilliant mate, thanks for doing this.

I'd switched auto-update off to preserve the version i had as the channels i wanted still worked.

I'm pleased to say i can still view the 2 UFO channels from the UK in the Doc section, which is all i really watched anyway.

Thanks again :)

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Brilliant mate, thanks for doing this.

I'd switched auto-update off to preserve the version i had as the channels i wanted still worked.

I'm pleased to say i can still view the 2 UFO channels from the UK in the Doc section, which is all i really watched anyway.

Thanks again :)
Very glad to hear!!

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Thanks for the update. Any chance of posting up a list of what free channels you have been able to include please?
I may put together a list of channels at some point. For now just go to http://www.filmon.com/tv/fotv-usa and open the little menus on the left side for each section of shows. The ones marked as Free are the ones included. Again if you are outside the US you may see different results.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Looks like someone took my papals advice about filmon even if I'm the one who said it. You lost UK tv from filmon but got their free back.
The advice that you gave didn't work for FilmOn Simple. I actually went through the channels and grabbed all the channel ids that aren't free and setup the addon to exclude them.

Changing filmon.com to filmon.tv had no effect.

I would like to understand your advice better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Video Addons 1
T Kodi Support 3
X Video Addons 1