FilmOn Simple Addon (Discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rleary1

Sep 5, 2017
Hey kodi (firestick) friends. I discovered Filmon a few weeks back and it works perfectly. About three days ago, my two favorite folder links 'Movies and Horror' have gone missing. I now have 'filmon SIMPLE' but these two folders are gone from my menu now for some reason? Their classic TV folder is still there and all of their content loads perfectly and quickly with absolutely no 'stream not available error' etc. I just don't have my 'Horror' Movie' with the 'campy' B-movies, ScyFi folders no longer available and I love these old cheesy monster movies. Even the sub folder 'Mad Scientist Theater' sub link is missing. I realize that 'Filmon' recently changed to subscription 'Pay per month' service but their own website is still telling me that these channels are still completely free?? And you can stream them SD on their website for some reason? I don't care about new movies or new tv shows, I just want my old cheesy favorites back and a lot of the sublink important folders within my Filmon Simple app is missing. When I right click on my Filmon Simple app it says, 'No configuration settings available to adjust' or similar. I know that Filmon changed but it was well a few months ago. This just happened to me three days ago around September 1st, 2017? Anybody know what happened to my old 'B-movie/TV' Horror and Movie links or just noticed them missing from the menu too? They are all gone now. Please help with any info and thanks :D If they're gone now I can accept it and move on with my life. Just let me down easy.... and thanks!

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hey kodi (firestick) friends. I discovered Filmon a few weeks back and it works perfectly. About three days ago, my two favorite folder links 'Movies and Horror' have gone missing. I now have 'filmon SIMPLE' but these two folders are gone from my menu now for some reason? Their classic TV folder is still there and all of their content loads perfectly and quickly with absolutely no 'stream not available error' etc. I just don't have my 'Horror' Movie' with the 'campy' B-movies, ScyFi folders no longer available and I love these old cheesy monster movies. Even the sub folder 'Mad Scientist Theater' sub link is missing. I realize that 'Filmon' recently changed to subscription 'Pay per month' service but their own website is still telling me that these channels are still completely free?? And you can stream them SD on their website for some reason? I don't care about new movies or new tv shows, I just want my old cheesy favorites back and a lot of the sublink important folders within my Filmon Simple app is missing. When I right click on my Filmon Simple app it says, 'No configuration settings available to adjust' or similar. I know that Filmon changed but it was well a few months ago. This just happened to me three days ago around September 1st, 2017? Anybody know what happened to my old 'B-movie/TV' Horror and Movie links or just noticed them missing from the menu too? They are all gone now. Please help with any info and thanks :D If they're gone now I can accept it and move on with my life. Just let me down easy.... and thanks!
FilmOn Simple never had configuration options. It was setup to be a no config addon. It as updated after FilmOn made changes to only include the free channels. This was done by manually determining what was free and was not. I can take a look to see if some have been missed.

Thanks

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Just pushed an update that should include the Movies and Horror section. Thanks for letting me know they were missing.

Hope you enjoy!

Torontopaul

Oct 11, 2017
I use it to create ini files for the odd few addons (or sections of addons) that are not natively supported by the EPG addon that I use, eg: the News section in *******, the World News Live addon, etc.

I can report that it works very well. The nice thing is that once you have it set up, if there is a change with an addon and a link to a channel changes, you just run the Addon ini Creator again and in a few seconds your ini files are updated with the new links. This is very helpful.
How do I make am addon?

Whats the point of paid addons when we are trying abandon cable.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
How do I make am addon?

Whats the point of paid addons when we are trying abandon cable.
I am not sure your question has anything to do with FilmOn Simple.

I would recommend that you look around at some of the other forum sections to discuss building addons.

As for why someone would pay for an addon. The fact is there is generally no such thing as a free lunch. So many people aren't just trying to save money. They want options that the cable companies do not provide.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I am going to discontinue this addon. The amount of channels available from FilmOn for free is becoming more and more limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Video Addons 1
T Kodi Support 3
X Video Addons 1