Filmon TV Channels now no longer Free

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
I noticed that a few of the UK TV channels assigned to Filmon that I use in my FTV Guide EPG were cutting out after two minutes of playback regardless of whether you viewed them through the guide or directly through the old Filmon or Filmon Simple add-on. According to emails posted on other Forums (expatforum, thaivisa) received from Filmon by users asking what was happening they have decided to end access to free SD channels as from today...

e.g. quote from from the expatsforum today -

Thank you for contacting FilmOn Customer Support.
Unfortunately, We need to inform you, that we are no longer offering the free SD watching due to contractual requirements with our content vendors.
We're very sorry and apologize for the inconvenience, as we had no possibility to let our Customers know about this change in our service in advance.

The two minute viewing window is also on their website, after which it takes you a nag screen to pay for the service.

It seems the cut-off date was May 1st so the ramifications of this, especially in the UK since it's a Bank Holiday, may take some time to be felt.

itstheone

May 9, 2016
There goes my UFO channels then!

EDIT

£14.95 a month!! shocking.

Last edited:

Landrover

Dec 1, 2014
ITV and BBC players work fine, do not time out for either live or archived streams and can be linked to the FTV guide. Obviously less content than provided by the entire Filmon but decent alternative for BBC and ITV content. Stream quality also appears better than the SD feed previously provided by Filmon.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
You can assign the channels in most TV Guides to specific Favourites or individual STRM files. So if you can find a working non-Filmon TV channel in any other add-on that you can add as a Favourite or extract the stream data from then you'll be able to link to it through your EPG. It's a bit hit and miss at the moment as some the alternative collections like Fre*view and Gob**e have a few of the Filmon channels in there as well.

Landrover

Dec 1, 2014
You can assign the channels in most TV Guides to specific Favourites or individual STRM files. So if you can find a working non-Filmon TV channel in any other add-on that you can add as a Favourite or extract the stream data from then you'll be able to link to it through your EPG. It's a bit hit and miss at the moment as some the alternative collections like Fre*view and Gob**e have a few of the Filmon channels in there as well.
Good point that most EPGs will work.

Filmon was a nice consolidator which made for easy viewing. Most people will have to make some adjustments but should be able to find some of the channels they previously enjoyed.

I have to head over to my dad's place and do a few adjustments. Even though it's only TV he starts to get cranky when it doesn't work as he expects. Filmon was only acting up for 5 minutes and he was on the phone to me as if the world was ending. :)

Last edited:

goonergra

May 2, 2017
Hi guys found a site you can access via Chrome Launcher it seems like Filmon havent been playing nice in the sand box at the moment it's a web site but works really well on Kodi he's looking to creating an app as a suggestion give him a call as ive been playing with it today comes with a built in guide, its free and has more UK channels than Filmon, check out uktv.robssatellitetv.com/

goonergra

May 2, 2017
Try looking at this one I found uktv.robssatellitetv.com/ it has more UK channels than FILMON has a guide built in you can play it through chrome launcher and its free, i've been checking it out all day been solid

PGB99

May 7, 2017
Following this, I have signed up for a monthly subscription.

I have installed the Windows app, and also on a Kindle, and it works fine.

But the Kodi Filmon plugin fails with an error, even though I have entered my new userid and password. Is there something else I need to do, as I don't see any other settings to tweak?

Thanks for any advice.

skyhigh

Jan 11, 2015

But the Kodi Filmon plugin fails with an error, even though I have entered my new userid and password. Is there something else I need to do, as I don't see any other settings to tweak?

Thanks for any advice.
I dont believe kinkins filmon works with kodi 17, have no idea if 16 does or not, Mhancoc7 vesion wasnt coded for login use...but you could try notfilmon with login and that does work....

Landrover

Dec 1, 2014

Thanks for any advice.
While I do not have a Filmon account to test I would suggest you ensure you have the latest Filmon app for your device. I don't think the previous popular versions are available or supported any longer and may a possible reason why you are getting an error while logging in.

kaki

Apr 14, 2017
hi all..to anyone who, like me, follows british TV from abroad and got the filmon surprise..
britishtvchannels.com have all the UK channels and free..they do need donations though :)

jmh2002

Nov 20, 2012
FRA, ITA, UKR,
Another site suggested something similar: uktv.robssatellitetv.com

Kodi addons would be nice for these sites, but that will probably also cause the servers to immediately go down under the massive load that would follow ;)

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013

Kodi addons would be nice for these sites, but that will probably also cause the servers to immediately go down under the massive load that would follow ;)
That was exactly my thought. Any sites like this will almost certainly be rinsed by some "Playlister" on Kodi & crippled to death by a million Kodi users. I feel sorry for the people running these sites, their hard-work will ultimately be for nothing.

baboonie

Oct 9, 2016

problem is with robs and other sites, I made a lsp for ever channel they have but them sites read this site and others and like robsatelite and streamlive did is they put up blocks for lsp and Spor**dev*l so that as soon as their serviers see it,they are blocked. Here is what a great developer needs to do is put out an addon that someone can modify to seem like its your own and not lsp or Spor**dev*l,etc. Now for robsatelite I myself can make one that goes straight for the channel from your desktop but that don't help for kodi. Like I said someone good at python needs to make an addon that you can automatacly change where it says its comeing from. Like put in your own addon.

baboonie

Oct 9, 2016
If people have an android box they can just use the official Filmon app.
For people that want to fix filmonsimple, still won't get UK except cbbc,cbeebies,kix,pop,and kidpop, Just use notepad++ and change filmon.com to filmon.tv. All the other channels should work except the other UK channels.In their own addons.ini file. The one filmonsimple uses is on the net.He or she has to change that one.

Last edited: