finally cut the cord

hammerjammer

Jul 28, 2015
after almost two years with dish network, i have finally cut the cord. my sub to dish isnt over until december but they let me cut service until then to save money on an early termination. the way i have done it was to first get my android box [klll]for kodi. then i bought a powered antenna from walmart for my locals [i live about 35 miles from the city]. then i bought a amazon fire stick and loaded playstation vue on it. my total cost for the gear was $120.00. but my monthly cost for dish was $120.00. now my total cost is just $30.00 a month for playstation vue.

so i will be saving $90.00 a month. not too bad. although i have only had playstation vue for one day i am really impressed with the picture quality. the channels i get are the same channels my wife and i used to watch on dish without all the extra junk channels. the fire stick is just a tad slow in loading up the guide but im in no hurry. and like i said, the picture quality is alot better than dish. plus i havent had any buffering at all. that may be due to the fact i have 100 mbs download internet. but its still early in the game.

Last edited:

hammerjammer

Jul 28, 2015
Thanks ravrob. My wife didn't have any faith in me at first. Now she's loving the setup. I actually have more to watch now than I had before. Dish network has got to be the biggest ripoff. I am real happy with that antenna. That gives me about 20 local channels. All in high def. I'm loving it.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Welcome Centre 0
A Welcome Centre 0
L Video Addons 1