fire stick vs Nvidia shield?

ideboedyourmom

Apr 8, 2017
I'm wondering if anyone has both a fire stick and Nvidia shield and can speak to the performance differences of using Kodi on both

dreadpiraterobert

Mar 12, 2013
West Coast, Canada
Nvidia Shield TV

Firestick vs nVidia Shield = Suzuki Vs Ferrari
I'm looking to upgrade my Android box to a Shield but heard some complaints about installing addons to it.

Is this just a random whine or is any more difficult than any other device? Can I install addons from Fusion, GitHub, and other sources?

My little T95ZPlus (Amlogic S912, 2GB RAM, Android 6.0) is okay, I just want something with a bit more oomph to deal with buffering and playback issues.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
No issues installing any addon to my Shield. It is an awesome box. Kodi and/or addons are a cinch ti install. Very similar to your existing box now. No sideloading necessary.

mattc2115

Mar 26, 2018
I have 2 Nvidia's and never had any software issues. Just a few hardware issues that they repaired, no charge. Lately, all of Kodi seems to be running slower and providers seem to be less and less.
What is up if anyone knows?

Maverickz

Dec 20, 2013
I'm looking to upgrade my Android box to a Shield but heard some complaints about installing addons to it.

Is this just a random whine or is any more difficult than any other device? Can I install addons from Fusion, GitHub, and other sources?

My little T95ZPlus (Amlogic S912, 2GB RAM, Android 6.0) is okay, I just want something with a bit more oomph to deal with buffering and playback issues.
I hope I am not too late, but before you buy a new box to fix buffering issues, try this first:
RD buffering issues

catnap

Nov 4, 2015
I'm wondering if anyone has both a fire stick and Nvidia shield and can speak to the performance differences of using Kodi on both
You can buy 2 or 3 very good kodi boxes or 5or 6 sticks for the price of a shield .I looks at it this way if you don't play games and just wants it for kodi then the shield is a overkill.thanks

Last edited:

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
But Shield runs 64bit Android whereas every other cheap box even though has 64bitCPU comes only with 32bit Android
Kodi is slowly moving to 64bit (Android 64bit was from 17 onwards, Windows 64bit from 18 onwards)
In most likelyhood Kodi19 may be 64bit only and all these cheap device will be stuck with Kodi 17 or 18, Whereas with Shield it will be smooth sailing

catnap

Nov 4, 2015
But Shield runs 64bit Android whereas every other cheap box even though has 64bitCPU comes only with 32bit Android
Kodi is slowly moving to 64bit (Android 64bit was from 17 onwards, Windows 64bit from 18 onwards)
In most likelyhood Kodi19 may be 64bit only and all these cheap device will be stuck with Kodi 17 or 18, Whereas with Shield it will be smooth sailing
the story is use anything at lest you could watch kodi.the only question is what could i watch kodi on,that is good enough for me,i use a 70 bucks T95Z plus andoid and its fast e nought for kodi.so what your saying i will need another box to run kodi 19?thanks

Last edited: