Alexa

New processor

Full spec and details here

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U3FPN4U/?tag=aftvn17-20

Last edited:

Wodehouse

Jul 9, 2014
I'm personally disappointed that the new release has no additional on board or RAM memory. Adding an SD slot just doesn't cut it.

Perhaps it was more important to maintain the $99 price than offer substantially more bells and whistles....

I expected more.

tam23

Sep 24, 2013
Scotland
same price point as the first gen fire tv at launch so cant complain,slight bump in specs but 4k is a good addition,takes micro sd cards upto 128gb so think thats a great option for an integrated storage solution.

HD FREAK

Sep 15, 2013
Hi all,
Can Kodi/TVMC be sideloaded to the NEW FTV using the existing download on homepage?

tam23

Sep 24, 2013
Scotland
only true gamers would notice the difference with the switch from bluetooth to wifi,seems there is a slight lag when using the controller for games,(bluetooth)the remote i dare say you would not hardly notice the switch.

a00222123

Sep 10, 2015
Besides games, would the new fire tv specs help with video addon loading speeds in any way or does that depend on if creators update it themselves?

Last edited:

tam23

Sep 24, 2013
Scotland
think so,you could have the best spec setup in the world.if the servers its coming from are slow then thats going to show up at your end.
was mentioned in the nvidia shield section.i

tam23

Sep 24, 2013
Scotland
here is the original post-he says it better than myself.suppose it makes sense.

I own both a FIRE TV and a NVIDIA SHIELD.

While the NVIDIA SHIELD does have 50% more RAM memory than the FTV (3 GB vs 2GB), and is very snappy in navigating KODI itself, it is just a fantasy that the experience will be SIGNIFICANTLY better than a FIRE TV.

And that's because when the source of the issues are beyond the device itself, my 175 Mbps of download speed, and my 3 GB of RAM memory won't result in a much different experience than a Fire TV: Buffering video with still buffer, links will still load more slowly than you wish, and downloads won't proceed with the lightning speed you hope for.

There is no substitute for a device with sufficient processing power. But while the FIRE TV provided a quantum leap forward from the Apple TV, for instance, you won't find nearly the same advance when upgrading beyond it. And only those who value the SHIELD'S features will find paying twice the cost+ of a FIRE TV to make sense.

However, there are many reasons to consider a NVIDIA SHIELD including its expanded memory, significantly better gaming experience, ability to play TRUE 4K video, etc. And 3 GB of RAM memory does make a difference when you want to play the very highest quality video content.

a00222123

Sep 10, 2015
here is the original post-he says it better than myself.suppose it makes sense.

I own both a FIRE TV and a NVIDIA SHIELD.

While the NVIDIA SHIELD does have 50% more RAM memory than the FTV (3 GB vs 2GB), and is very snappy in navigating KODI itself, it is just a fantasy that the experience will be SIGNIFICANTLY better than a FIRE TV.

And that's because when the source of the issues are beyond the device itself, my 175 Mbps of download speed, and my 3 GB of RAM memory won't result in a much different experience than a Fire TV: Buffering video with still buffer, links will still load more slowly than you wish, and downloads won't proceed with the lightning speed you hope for.

There is no substitute for a device with sufficient processing power. But while the FIRE TV provided a quantum leap forward from the Apple TV, for instance, you won't find nearly the same advance when upgrading beyond it. And only those who value the SHIELD'S features will find paying twice the cost+ of a FIRE TV to make sense.

However, there are many reasons to consider a NVIDIA SHIELD including its expanded memory, significantly better gaming experience, ability to play TRUE 4K video, etc. And 3 GB of RAM memory does make a difference when you want to play the very highest quality video content.
Thank you that is very good to know