Fire tv stick keeps crashing when watching a movie.

Leilan

Feb 22, 2015
Not all TV's have the same power output for the USB port. Some newer, and I do mean NEWER TV's made in the last 1 year or so have the possibility to handle of power output of 5W/1A, which is what the TV stick requires. However, you will not know this unless you look on the surrounding area around the USB Port on the TV itself to see if it indicates what the power output is. If it doesn't, then consult your owners manual that came with your TV, or just look up your TV model online and look for USB Port Power output.
The issue was a soundbar creating interference. Thanks for your reply though

Lilpopester

Aug 19, 2015
The issue was a soundbar creating interference. Thanks for your reply though
Hey mine has been doing this same thing, I'm gonna buy an extender but I have a polk surround bar and subwoofer. How did yours cause an interference and how did you fix it?

Leilan

Feb 22, 2015
Hey mine has been doing this same thing, I'm gonna buy an extender but I have a polk surround bar and subwoofer. How did yours cause an interference and how did you fix it?
I ended up buying a new one (different model) from Polk. They gave me 40% off since I was out of warranty. Unfortunately, there wasn't a fix that they knew of.

Lilpopester

Aug 19, 2015
I ended up buying a new one (different model) from Polk. They gave me 40% off since I was out of warranty. Unfortunately, there wasn't a fix that they knew of.
Okay thanks I hope the extended I bought works. It just takes me back to the home screen halfway through a move or tv show