firedrive

LoL, I was just going to make mention of that. At least it seems to forward the putlocker url's to the firedrive ones atm. I haven't done any real testing yet though, as the one link I did try... ended up having been removed already.

It's been such a pain lately with filenuke links coming up with only part of shows or else suddenly stopping part way though.

http://pastebin.com/zWuWqwjb

Tried this version on one of the latest eps of TWD s4 for a putlocker link... had a # on the end of it so i had went ahead and got rid of the #'s and forced them to use the firedrive domain for now for both putlocker and sockshare which seems to be undergoing changes as well... need to find a working link for sockshare yet, though i had tossed in one error handling for sockshare which is no longer needed and then tossed in one for firedrive's setup that should be helpful. Running putlocker as putlocker seems to end up with a unbalanced parenthesis.

Hope this helps some.

nickshe89

Aug 7, 2012
http://pastebin.com/zWuWqwjb

Tried this version on one of the latest eps of TWD s4 for a putlocker link... had a # on the end of it so i had went ahead and got rid of the #'s and forced them to use the firedrive domain for now for both putlocker and sockshare which seems to be undergoing changes as well... need to find a working link for sockshare yet, though i had tossed in one error handling for sockshare which is no longer needed and then tossed in one for firedrive's setup that should be helpful. Running putlocker as putlocker seems to end up with a unbalanced parenthesis.

Hope this helps some.
working that fix thanks for fix im glad i help you whit it

thanks

oso

Sep 19, 2012
worked for me here as well, fixed quite a few addons including karaoke :)

mindgame

Apr 13, 2013
Thanks Highway it is working here. To anyone not knowing how to use this fix save highways pastebin as putlocker.py and replace the one in the .xbmc/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib/urlresolver/plugins folder.

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Brilliant cant wait until i try this later. Having Putlocker down in 1Ch**nel is a pain because most of the other urlresolvers arent on form. I cant really trust anything but putlocker/sockshare in 1Ch**nel without buffering issues.
Actually im sure you are editing on pc based xbmc?, im on a linux 510b so not sure what i can try?

EDIT: Missed mindgame's post just above!

Last edited:

inthehouse99

May 30, 2013
hey guys sorry im new to this, im not sure how to make it work, i just downloaded the file and it is a txt file, do i drag that file into scrpt.module.urlresolver

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
To anyone not knowing how to use this fix save highways pastebin as putlocker.py and replace the one in the .xbmc/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib/urlresolver/plugins folder.
When i try to replace the py it has an extension .txt
So before i replace it it reads putlocker.py
when i drop it in the .txt extension comes on. I deleted the original .py and deleted the .txt but no luck?
I did this through winSCP
Any ideas?

Last edited:

JustFun

Feb 21, 2013
When i try to replace the py it has an extension .txt
So before i replace it it reads putlocker.py
when i drop it in the .txt extension comes on. I deleted the original .py and deleted the .txt but no luck?
I did this through winSCP
Any ideas?
What I did open up text and choose save as
Then choose all files not .txt
Then called it putlocker.py
And hit saved

On windows computer

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
What I did open up text and choose save as
Then choose all files not .txt
Then called it putlocker.py
And hit saved

On windows computer
Boom!, you little beauty works a treat!. Seems like its for putlocker links most recent as its written firedrive.com on latest ep of walking dead but still putlocker and error on older blue bloods last ep of current series. This will be resolved in time though. Just delighted to have it back.

Stegefal

Nov 22, 2013
Oxford, England
Guys, is there any reason I wouldnt have a urlresolver folder?

I searched and couldnt find anything that resembled .xbmc/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib/urlresolver/plugins folder.

The whole urlresolver peice doesn't exist, is there an additional location or naming convention or is it possibly a hidden file and I've failed to reveal it? I've searched for the individual subfolders in the XBMC directory, but equally with no luck.

I have three script.module folders in addons:

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.pysqlite
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson

But no urlresolver, is it possible I would have to make one?

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
You are looking in the wrong place

DOnt know what windows you have but...

appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons

(make sure also you enable hidden files and folders in windows )

bubbles

Nov 1, 2013
Hope none of you clever chaps mind, but I'm going to write out how I eventually got this to work as a guide to my fellow idiots.

I recently changed to a Windows 8 machine and have had issues with getting to grips with it in some areas. I have grave doubts about the "Search Files" part, I'm not convinced that it could find its own arse with both hands and a mirror. Went round and round in circles trying to follow the advice on this thread even though it all appears so straight forward.

First download the file supplied by Highway

Open the .txt file. Click on File in the top left, then Save As. Type Putlocker.py in the name field, then click on where it says Text Documents and select All Files.

Close the file. You should now have another icon on your desktop with the name Putlocker.py.

Open your "My Computer"/"This PC" menu and select your C drive (windows/main drive etc). For later ease, size the panel so that you can see your desktop screen around the panel and make sure you can see the putlocker.py file

Select Program Files (x86)

Select Xbmc

Select Add Ons

Scroll down & select Script.module.pil

Now you can click on and drag the putlocker.py file from your desktop and drop it into the folder "lib"

Close all the files/windows you've opened, launch xbmc and away you go.

You can, of course, follow all the above but rather than Drag And Drop you can right click and Copy the putlocker.py file then right click "lib" and Paste it into the file. I just made a point of typing out the long-winded half-arsed method I used in full as it did actually work for me.

Hope that helps my fellow morons who are currently tearing their hair out and nervous about asking stupid questions, when everyone else seems to be managing.

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
Thanks for this guys. On my iPad it is working perfectly but for some reason on my Pi (openelec) it's still trying to resolve Putlocker.com links and failing of course!

I can see in the logs that on the iPad it's looking for links on dl.firedrive.com but not on Pi. I'll keep playing but any ideas?

The file is in /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib/urlresolver/plugins

Edit: the next file I tried worked so must have been me - thanks again

Last edited: