firedrive

bubbles

Nov 1, 2013
Not sure if I'm even in the right thread but I need help with a problem that developed yesterday afternoon (UK time) and it seems to be relevant to stuff being discussed here.

Everything was working fine & dandy yesterday morning, then when I came back on line later in the day it was all up the spout.

I am UK based but do use hidemyass VPN without any issues but now very few repos will work at all and those that do take an ice age to get going. Also, if I try a putlocker/firedrive link I get the message "Unbalanced Parenthesis". I did redo the bits shown in the Firedrive thread and saved that, but no dice. I completely uninstalled xmbc and reinstalled again usuing Hub Wizard but still no playing ball properly.

Should mention I'm using a Windows machine, that I have tried on both my laptop & desktop abnd they're behaving exactly the same.

I did read this thread properly (as much as I can) and tried downloading the file you have put up here but I'm an idiot tech wise and have no idea what to do with the file once I've got it sitting on my computer

Please help, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Really.. the first thing I would look at is the vpn, a very obvious place to start especially since 2 machines have the same behavior, and the slow response speed

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
Installed the beta repo and Putlocker is resolving in 1Ch**nel but in GOTV I get unbalanced parenthesis. It's also taking a minute to bring up list of sources in 1 channel compared to about 18 seconds before (Raspberry Pi Openelec)

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Post up some test links and logs so we can debug

For the timing, try rolling back and check the load time.. remember 1Ch**nel caches pages, so need to clear cache in between loads

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
Are the login credentials for RD and others disabled by default? I seem to remember this was the issue of the long load time of sources last time correct?

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
I updated the ones I know of.. realdebrid, premiumize, rpnet

They have a check where if no login is entered then they are bypassed

bubbles

Nov 1, 2013
Really.. the first thing I would look at is the vpn, a very obvious place to start especially since 2 machines have the same behavior, and the slow response speed
Did that at the time as it was obvious place to start, tried sites like youtube, dailymotion, few other sites that run videos, all acceptable speed. No buffering etc

Been trying again and still playing up. Takes 3-4 mins to load menus like "New Release", "Popular" etc etc.

Channel 1 lhas some links appearing as Putlocker some as Sockshare and some as Firedrive. All those return Unbalanced Parenthesis after a fairly long period of saying Opening Stream. Same in other repos I tried: Movies25 & Dailyflix

When I go down the list, most links return script errors but the odd one that works does do so in reasonable time

Last edited:

inthehouse99

May 30, 2013
Hey guys the links are working perfectly for me which is awesome!! Only resolver that doesn't work for me is hugefiles, I was wondering it takes a while to load up the sources for some addons like oneclickwatch, movie25, entertainmenthub, just wanted to see if I could do anything to help load sources faster

inthehouse99

May 30, 2013
Right now I have real debrid checked on with the priority 105 and login credentials for it, I turned off all debrid and preminizeme and set filedrive and sockshare to maximum, I hope I'm doing this right

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Hey guys the links are working perfectly for me which is awesome!! Only resolver that doesn't work for me is hugefiles, I was wondering it takes a while to load up the sources for some addons like oneclickwatch, movie25, entertainmenthub, just wanted to see if I could do anything to help load sources faster
I thought I had hugefiles fixed, but didn't have an addon with a link to test again

Can you point me to where you tried hugefiles? And you have the latest beta?

inthehouse99

May 30, 2013
i have the latest beta installed, i have tried in on addons like entertainmenthub and movie25, oneclickwatch

inthehouse99

May 30, 2013
Are you sure the links you're trying are still active?? Have you tried them in a browser?
Yea I tried the latest links, none of the hugefiles links working, tried them on the websites, and they work fine there, I have the latest beta installed as well

boomer

Jan 3, 2013
Hi all been testing last 2 days havnt had a problem seems to be working great thank you for your hard work much appreciated :)

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
so far the beta works well in 1Ch**nel and other add-ons, but I did try HF links in TV-release and it was throwing up errors.
I wonder if it is add-on related since that add-on is from the "other side" haha.

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
so far the beta works well in 1Ch**nel and other hub add-ons, but I did try HF links in TV-release and it was throwing up errors.
I wonder if it is add-on related since that add-on is from the "other side" haha.

mindgame

Apr 13, 2013
I don't think the HF resolver is working, you can also try TV-Release in Videophile if you want to stick to HUB addons. I tested and it was not working.

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Yeah HF needs some tweaks, I did a blind update of it based on my Ic*f*lms code.. I'll fix it and accept a couple pull requests this weekend, then yet another beta... :(

Gotta get this guy out!

lllGurulll

Mar 11, 2014
I've read this and other threads regarding firedrive but I am not seeing where the fix is located. I have been using xbmc for a month but really don't understand all the guts of it other than just picking files to watch. Once putlocker was broken xbmc has been nothing but frustrating for me. I am not seeing where the resolution to the firedrive issue is. I tried the cut and paste in one of the other threads for the .py file and that didn't work for me. I just want access to firedrive again.

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Sit tight, it will be rolled out to everyone soon.. just waiting on a couple things to fall into place