Firestick keeps restarting

harpdawg

Mar 2, 2016
Hey guys, I am a complete newbie to this stuff. Please bare with me. I bought a Firestick loaded with isengard. It worked fine for months (besides buffering issues on occasion, no maintenance tools installed on it). Just recently, I launch Kodi and begin browsing through stuff while update notices and stuff pop up. Then out of no where, it kicks me out to the home screen. Launch Kodi again, same thing happens. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've thought about erasing everything and reloading it myself. Any idea if that would help? Also, some links on how to do that would be great. I want to learn about this stuff so I can help others out, just need some guidance.
Thanks in advance

Yobpar

Jan 13, 2016
Do a search for fresh install and you will find tons of information on how to do it.

What you can quickly try is delete the data and cache in in the applications settings of kodi on the firestick.

ccadi

May 7, 2012
RepubliK of Mancunia
Usually when this happens its because its full. Loads of updates in packages and loads of images. Clean those out and it will probably be OK until it needs doing again

harpdawg

Mar 2, 2016
thanks for the help guys. question, if I clear data, won't that clear most things I have loaded? just curious about that. I am wondering if I have enough time to do anything before it restarts itself. I will try this out when I get home later on.
thanks

Wodehouse

Jul 9, 2014
Clear your cache and packages using TVADDON's maintenance tool.

Thumbnails will also need to be removed, and that can be done manually using FILE EXPLORER, or with a neat tool like Raw Maintenance which I hope is OK to mention here.

If that does not solve your issues, a FRESH START is in order.

harpdawg

Mar 2, 2016
OK. I don't have time to do anything before Kodi shuts down and returns me 'launch application' screen. I'm going to try to clear data because that's all I can do on the screen I can access. I cleared cache already multiple times, no help. No maintenance tools were installed and I don't have the time before kicking out to install it to get fresh start.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
If you clear data you will loose everything

You dont need to install any other maintenance or anything else

There is a file manager in kodi,use that

Have a look what size thumbnail folder is and then delete thumbnails and textures.db and reboot and see if it helps

Same with packages,you can do it with the built in file manager

If its space thats causing problems,theres no point in installing extra addons to do the same thing kodi can do

But if it came loaded when you bought it,then who knows what kind of crap is on it and starting from scratch would be good advice

Last edited:

harpdawg

Mar 2, 2016
Was working on it while you posted. I did a uninstall on Kodi from firestarter home page. Then followed a video tutorial to install Kodi then did a fresh start and then fusion. Seems to be working fine now. I can't believe this Newb may have figured it out! Wow. Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it.