Firmware beta 1.1.7 updated 04/07/2014!!

anthony_mat

Feb 10, 2014
A new firmware was announced at Matricom today! Here is the post details from Matricom:
Hello All,

I am Brandon McAnsh (aka bmc08gt) and am pleased to be able to announce the next beta firmware for the MX2. Some of you may know me from the Android custom ROM scene, as I am also a member of the open-source project known as AOKP. I am now a Firmware Developer here at Matricom and am very excited to be involved with this company and this community.

There has been many changes to the firmware, on the device, system, and kernel level to overhaul the previous current beta firmware into a more polished and stable experience. There are some structural changes going on internally at Matricom, in order to provide a better experience with the device going forward, which will be highlighted in this post.

Stay tuned for future announcements as we have some more up our sleeves.
Version Control
We are adopting the following modification to the current version nomenclature.

X.Y.Z
X - Will be increased with the Android versions (4.2 -> 4.3)
Y - Will acknowledge a build deemed stable by the Matricom Development Team
Z - Will be considered beta builds (Where 1.1.7 falls into place)
Open Source
I am proud to announce that Matricom is now (majority) open source. Our non-proprietary source is available for viewing at http://github.com/Matricom. This can be used to see what we are currently working on as well as a reference for when a fix is implemented as well.
Trello
The Development Team is now utilizing Trello for roadmapping and for our currently working projects. The public board can be viewable here https://trello.com/b/KOs53huB/mx2-bugs-and-working
OTA Updater
The MX2 (and all future devices) will now come bundled with a proper OTA updater, that will allow the next firmware version to be downloaded to the box over-the-air and installed automatically, without the need for external SDcards. The manual download will still be available for future versions after 1.1.7, in the case of any issues with the update process. To bring up the Updater, navigate the Settings->Other->System update or Settings->Other->More Settings->About G-Box->System Updates. Further instructions for the Updater will follow in second post or new thread.
Changelog
XBMC is now Gotham(13) beta 4, and we are working with Xbmc to add fixes upstream for the Amlogic CPU.
Internal sdcard, and external storage are now separated as they should be. (/storage/external_sd and /storage/usb)
The build comes unrooted.

All other changes are here.

Install Instructions
1. Download the 1.1.7 firmware below, and extract the contents onto an sdcard.
2. Perform factory reset on the mx2 (This is required for 1.1.7, will not be required for most updates here on out)
3. Place the sdcard into the mx2, and use the toothpick method to reboot into recovery to perform the auto update
Downloads
Firmware: http://matriserver.com/firmware/matricom_mx2_1.1.7.zip
Notes
If you have issues with 1Ch**nel from the xbmchub repositories, please install the xbmchub wizard from http://fusion.xbmchub.com and install the Matricom Add-on.
NOTE: There are currently some updates that are needed to the Matricom Add-on (un-met dependencies for certain add-ons) Just remove these for now and we will be updating the Matricom Add-on in the coming days.

FoneFreak

Aug 27, 2013
I tied both beta and alpha and there were too many problems, I went back to 1.1.6 and its has been great so far.

Will try this out but there are many happy 1.1.6 users.

dan

Jan 8, 2013
expat in mexico
I just recieved my mx2 a week ago i had thought updateing was as simple as the box did this with only prompting a yes.this seems complicated,i do not have a sdcard but can buy one.

kdnoel

Sep 4, 2013
North Carolina
I'm on the edge... should I or shouldn't I?

If I did then I think I'd still do the XBMC Android nightly build of Gotham instead of the Matricom version. Your thoughts on this?

FoneFreak

Aug 27, 2013
I'm on the edge... should I or shouldn't I?

If I did then I think I'd still do the XBMC Android nightly build of Gotham instead of the Matricom version. Your thoughts on this?
Hi Mate, I wouldn't. Other than the newer look this is still beta , xbmc crashes randomly.

1.1.6 is best of both worlds!

dan

Jan 8, 2013
expat in mexico
Following an earlier post even being a noobie i did get 1.1.7 then 1.1.8 on my gbox using a usb,relatively easy.strange this toothpick method

Last edited: