Fix Kodi buffering issues

techguy007

Nov 8, 2017
I am using the latest version of Kodi on my Windows 10 computers to watch videos.

However, I often have problems where the videos I watch continually buffer every 2 minutes which results in frustrating video watching experiences.

So I would like to find a way of fixing this so that the video content will download far enough in advance so that when the buffering occurs I won't experience the delays that I am currently experiencing (like how YouTube handles buffering).

What are the best ways of doing this?

Reactions: capslock

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
This typically is caused by either your connection being too slow, the source is too slow, your wifi not giving optimum connection, your internet speed too slow or a combination of any of the above.
There are ways to improve this.
1. get a ReatDebrid or Premiumize account. this is fairly cheap and will provide you with premium links which are typically faster than the free links you may be getting from your addon.
2. get a advancedsettings.xml file. This sometimes helps in getting a faster reading which may read the file further than normal allowing you to skip the slower parts of the internet connection. You can see here how to use it and where to put it

These may help. Try a one month of real debrid for a few dollars or a 3 day free of premiumize just to see if that will work/help for you.