flashes of blue during vedio play

old dude

Apr 10, 2017
Just started happening only on android tablet. Sections of the screen will flash "blue?" quickly starting right and expanding and retracting during video play. Happens on live tv or playing a video from repository. Doesn't happen outside Kodi. Netflix, Youtube play normal. Any thoughts? Thanks.

old dude

Apr 10, 2017
Perfect. Thank you. I had two "allow accelleration" selections, one was (surface). I turned that one off and the flashes stopped. My next question would be, what would have changed that either enable accelleration or was now effected by that being enable?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I wish I could tell you what caused. I really don't know. Maybe an update. That might not even be an update within Kodi, could be an update in your video codecs in the box itself. Sorry but I can't help there.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
My next question would be, what would have changed that either enable accelleration or was now effected by that being enable?
Many rippers and hosting sites are now transitioning from h.264 (Mpeg-4) rips to h.265 (HEVC) rips, some older hardware can't properly hardware decode the new h.265 codec so on those devices decoding has to be done all in software now or it glitches.